• April 17, 2024, 10:32:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bugchecks driving me nuts!  (Read 14714 times)

rage2

• Level 1 Member
Bugchecks driving me nuts!
« on: January 28, 2010, 08:48:34 AM »

I've been trying to get through to support since December, only had 1 reply asking for more information, and haven't heard back at all.

Anyways, I have a DSN-2100 and the unit would bugcheck and reboot simply under heavy disk load. While waiting for support to get back to me, I've upgraded to firmware version 2.7.3.1 which has helped a bit, but it bugchecked again today.

It happened when I tried to log into the xStack configuration, but before it logged in it failed, and bugchecked. There were no other error messages prior to this. Here are the 2 items in the log:

Category:
System
Severity:
Error
EventID:
General message
Source:
Startup
Summary:
BUG-CHECK Reason: An MPU application exited(6)

Sequence ID
Text1
BUG-CHECK Reason: An MPU application exited(6)

Category:
System
Severity:
Error
EventID:
General message
Source:
Startup
Summary:
Process 216 (emp) has a problem!

Sequence ID
Text1
Process 216 (emp) has a problem!
Text2
Text3
reason: received a signal
Text4
returnCode: 0
Text5
signum: 11
This is the most frustrating SAN I've ever encountered because of the non stop bugchecks since day 1. We had planned to use this in a production environment, and it's nowhere near production level reliability. It hasn't left our test labs since we started playing around with it.

Can someone explain if I'm doing something wrong?

Fatman

• Level 9 Member
Re: Bugchecks driving me nuts!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:06 AM »

Call this in via the number this product gives you from the support.dlink.com site for your region.
non progredi est regredi