• April 18, 2024, 07:33:56 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WBR-2310 as a DHCP router wired via WAN to a Bridge as a wireless client  (Read 5076 times)

danno

• Level 1 Member

We have a highpowered commercial router running as a wireless client in bridge mode. It has a static IP assigned at 192.168.69.11. The wbr-2310 is running as a DHCP client and the two are connected via the ethernet port on the bridge and the wired WAN port on the wbr-2310.
 In this configuration we can access the internet, but we cannot address the bridge router. If I move the cable to the wbr-2310 LAN port, I can access the bridge and perform site survey functions, connect the bridge to an access point, but I cannot access the internet. If after connecting the bridge to an AP I move the cable back to the WAN port, I can access the internet but I can no longer access the bridge router via it's IP address.
 Is there some way to forward LAN requests to the WAN port of the wbr-2310 without affecting the internet requests?
 Do I need to put a switch between the bridge and wbr-2310?