• March 28, 2024, 02:10:28 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-3410 Not Able to Mount Windows Share via SAMBA?  (Read 5044 times)

rsdnick

• Level 1 Member
DCS-3410 Not Able to Mount Windows Share via SAMBA?
« on: October 09, 2009, 04:27:59 PM »

I purchased a DCS-3110 about a week ago and have it setup recording to network share just fine.  I picked up a few more DCS-3410's today and have started to set them up.  I'm not able to mount the windows share from the camera with the same credentials that i have with the DCS-3110.

Any idea's or syntax that might be causing this particular issue?  I have tried hitting it with the IP address, along as well as the DNS name.  I have tried account authentication as well as annon.  I have even setup different shares on different machines to try to get it to work.  Having no luck so far.

Allen

• Level 2 Member
Re: DCS-3410 Not Able to Mount Windows Share via SAMBA?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 07:41:09 AM »

Which OS are you using?
Which firmware version is using for DCS-3410?

rsdnick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »

Which OS are you using?
Which firmware version is using for DCS-3410?

I'm trying on a win2k share. I have also tried a xp share and a server 2k3 share. None of which it will mount. On the 3110 it has the option for the domain. I wonder if it's because the computers are all logged into the domain. I haven't called dlink yet on this issue. Probabally will this afternoon. I was wondering if there was some special syntax that needs to be used.

rsdnick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 03:43:44 PM »

As a follow up, I was able to take the workstation off the domain and join it to a workgroup.  After that i was able to have the camera connect and join.  Does anyone know or have any trick's to get the 3110 to be able to join to a domain share vs a workgroup share?

On a side note, any way to increase the network share recording size past 9.9GB?  On high quality that's only a few days worth of recording.  The 3410 doesn't have any of these restrictions.