• March 29, 2024, 07:04:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Power Managment HDD not powering down  (Read 3761 times)

Rodent

• Level 3 Member
Power Managment HDD not powering down
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:04:34 PM »

Hi,

I have a problem will the two new HDDs I placed into the DNS-323, one of the HDDs was DOA but I did not know this and the unit did not tell me (I have been over this in another post) but the unit did power down the drives as I would have liked, since I have replaced the faulty HDD reformatted the drives as RAID 1 the drives have not been powering down and the temperature is currently about 48 C (very hot). I do not have anything plugged into the USB port.

Power Management is Enable and set to 10 minutes, I have tried turning off power management and than turning it back on but still not working. This is a very important part of this device and I need it to work as summer is just about here and the temperature is going up.

I have not tried resetting the firmware back to factory default, does anyone think this mite work?

Firmware Version 1.03
Two WD Carviar 500 GB SATAII Disks
Plugged into a gig switch

Any I dears
Rodney

jtrevill

• Level 2 Member
Re: Power Managment HDD not powering down
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:41:20 PM »

I'd just like to bump this up to the top as I too have this same issue.  However, I have tried reverting to factory settings, and it still does not go into power save... 

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Rodent

• Level 3 Member
Re: Power Managment HDD not powering down
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:39:14 PM »

In the last week the HDD's have been powering down and this function seems to be working fine now, I have not changed any settings at all but the temperature has dropped down to about 36 C when not in use and the device takes about 10 - 20 seconds to access the data while the drives are powering up so for now I'm happy... ;D

Thanks
Rodney