• April 23, 2024, 07:09:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problems when setting catalogue Upnp  (Read 3608 times)

Haakon

• Level 1 Member
Problems when setting catalogue Upnp
« on: November 24, 2009, 11:44:31 AM »

I have big problems managing to connect my DNS 323 to the Ps3. Used 10 hours yesterday, and still no solution. I am running 1.07 firmware. I have tried a lot, but have a problem with my DNS323 which may be the reason why i don't find any files.

On my DNS-323; when selecting other catalogue than ROOT (Advanced, UPNP AV SERVER):

1:- I uncheck ROOT. Then a textbox show, with a Browse button. It is not possible to write in the textbox.
2:- i press the Browse button. Then a new popop open. Here the filestructre to DNS323 is, with a textbox beneath. And here comes the problem:
3:- If i write anyting in the textbox, it deletes. I press an A, and when releasing it deletes. I can hold A down then a lot of A's shows, but when i stop it deletes. I can hold A down, and push the OK button at the same time and then it transfers to file-location (se 1).
4: So because of the error of 3, i cant get the filename in the box. The only way i have managed to choose Volume_1/movies is to press the filestructure, copy the textstring, put paste in the textbox and press OK-button. Its very hard to only get 1 copy of the string, but i have managed.
5: and then i am back at number 1 with the filepath in the textbox, and i press Save Settings. It then deletes from the textbox, and i am just as long.

I have tried accessing DNS-323 with both IE, Firefox, Safari and Opera. The same result every time. Am i doing anything wrong?

(And the reason why i am trying this is that i am UpnP the ROOT to PS3, but only get the same error all the time. No files, and DNLA error (2114)) So my "last" try is to only give out one catalouge on the DNS323 to see if that helps).

Hope for ANY reply! This is killing me.

Anyone experience the same error? Or can help me out with mine?

krenkey

• Level 2 Member
Re: Problems when setting catalogue Upnp
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »

you are gonna feel stupid.

Simply click on the browse button a box will pop up asking you to select a folder simply click on the folder then at the bottom of that box there is a button that says "close" its inside the box that has four folders that path will be in the space provided

Haakon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:36:00 AM »

;) I was waiting for that. And yes, i am feeling stupid  ;D

What i am trying to say, is that when i do as you say; no catalogue is being submitted.
The textbox is ending up blank, on both "pages". (with no catalogue selected).

And the reason for that (methinks) is that the textbox (the new popup) is deleting every letter i am writing. Or when i press the folder, the path should have gone down in the textbox. And it does (methinks), but the textbox deletes itself.

As a test that i'm not totally insane her: could you push the browse button. When the new popup shows up, press a simple letter "A" in the "pathbox" under the filestructure.

Does the A delete itself? Or can you watch it for a minute?

Haakon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:38:47 AM »

Or can i find a .ini file where i can manually write the path myself?

Rodent

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 05:23:23 AM »

You have to select the folder you what to be your uPNP root folder you cannot type it in.

Hope this makes sense.
Rodney

Haakon

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 12:23:53 PM »

Thanks. I DOOOOOOO feel stupid now.

Possible to delete the topic?  :P

Thank you to both of you...

krenkey

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 02:58:02 PM »

lol its ok we have all done stupid things.