• April 18, 2024, 10:09:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-825 revision B ONLY with Xbox Wireless adapter issue  (Read 12189 times)

Ru-Fi-Oh

DIR-825 revision B ONLY with Xbox Wireless adapter issue
« on: October 26, 2009, 04:29:31 PM »

Beta code addressing Xbox wireless adapter

Firmware:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=8957.0

Also for review:
Gaming and Gamefuel for XBL.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:04:55 PM by FurryNutz »

nickCR

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-825 revision B ONLY with Xbox Wireless adapter issue
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »

Let me be the first to reply.

I LOVE YOU!!! hahaha... seriously.. The beta works perfectly with the Xbox 360 Microsoft Adaptor and I don't see any other problems at all. It has been on my system for a breif time but I can tell you this.

Xbox 360 to Network - WORKING
Streaming AVI's wirelessly from DNS-323 to Xbox 360 - WORKING
Xbox Live - WORKING

I'm downloading 22 game demos right now (I haven't been on my Xbox 360 in a while).

Something I must ask, more of a clarification. Will this update also fix the SIP problems, or is this a temporary download that either fixes the xbox 360 or SIP but not both?

I don't use SIP to be honest, but I figure it's a question that will come up quickly.

NOTE: The wireless settings will be completely reset upon upgrade. I upgraded my router (saved the settings before upgrading) and the only thing I had to re-enter was the wireless info.

Regards, Nick
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:07:18 AM by nickCR »

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 08:31:59 AM »

From what I got this firmware only fixes the xbox 360 wireless adapter issue.

As soon as positive feedback is reported for this code and the other SIP code we will release a finalized version with all the fixes in one.

nickCR

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:02:09 AM »

Ru-Fi-Oh,

So far 12 hrs later and it's rock solid. Thanks for making that clarification!

I was hoping that the client bridge with my WRT54G running DD-WRT would work with 5ghz enabled but i'm not sure why when the 5ghz is on the client bridge wont work.

If I turn off the 5ghz on the dir-825 all of a sudden it works.

I also checked the statistics screen on the dir-825 and when the 5ghz is on the dropped tx packets goes crazy (i mean starts climbing fast).

If you guys want I can turn on Remote Management and maybe you can get something from the log files to help you determine the problem.

Send me a pm if you would like.

Thanks in advance, Nick

ChickenMan

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »

Loaded the beta....  it works!!!
XBOX 360 with microsoft wireless adapter works!!!
Funny thing, ...as soon as I turned on my xbox 360 with the DIR-825, ...Microsoft sent out on update to be more compatible with the new "N" standard.

Side note, ...tested all my devices, ...all are still working.
--> Wired HP Home Server, Wired Dell PC, Wired Vonage, Wireless Dell PC for Media, Wireless Gateway Laptop, Wireless Wii, Wireless XBOX 360, wireless XBOX using D-link wireless adapter DGL-3420, wireless ARCHOS 5, Wireless Dell Axim x51v PDA.

Peaty

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 08:49:37 AM »

Question regarding this update.  I have an XBox 360 with the N antenna adapter from Microsoft.  I'm hooking up OK should I use this update anyway?  The reason I ask is I needed to do the     
 - DIR-825 H/W version B1 ONLY!! Beta firmware 2.02beta01 (SIP Fix) - update to get my USB port working and I don't want to remove that functionality.  If I change to this FW update will my USB port stop working again or should I leave well enough alone  ;)  I'm not sure if this update is for the G adapter or the N or both.
Cheers,

Peaty

cheeze@sunflower.com