• March 28, 2024, 09:53:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Streaming pauses periodically  (Read 10075 times)

AlsRT10

• Level 1 Member
Re: Streaming pauses periodically
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 03:59:11 PM »

I have 1.5 x 4 Seagate hard drives on both DNS units. I'm using the Tvix 6500 to cature the video, and version 1.02 would not work for this setup. However, I noticed when playing a BlueRay movie off the DNS unit it stops every 10 to 15 seconds. I also noticed that if I play the same movie off the computer using VLC player that it is buffering every 10 to 15 seconds and causing it to pause. Take the same movie and copy it to my external USB Hard drive, and it works fine on both the computer and the TVIX unit.

twg

• Level 1 Member
Re: Streaming pauses periodically
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 08:46:59 PM »

so i've replaced the 1 drive that seems to be causing this slowdown issue with a replacement sent by WD... in my tests so far, no slow down... so it seems to have been the drive... just spent 3 days copying my data over to the 343 and so far so good... will keep fingers crossed.

For the other folks having this issue, see if you can isolate the drive causing this issue, and remove the drive and see if you still have the issue...
Pages: 1 [2]