• April 24, 2024, 09:49:32 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem with internet speed  (Read 4054 times)

Hornet62

• Level 1 Member
Problem with internet speed
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:21:30 PM »

I have a strange problem.  When I connect one of my two computers directly to my cable modem, I get download speeds from Speakeasy.net/speedtest around 11 to 12 Mbps and uploads around 1 Mbps.  When I hook up my network and connect through the EBR-2310 Rev. B1 ver. 2.01 I only get about 2.5 Mbps download speeds and 0.05 Mbps upload speeds.  I have tried everything I can think of to fix this.  Any suggestions?

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
Re: Problem with internet speed
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »

Depends if you use multi-thread methods of downloads. The EBR-2310 is slow in releasing connections, so when using (for example) p2p connections you will notice a quick startup, slowly degraging to a moderate level.

I have noticed this when using D-Link IP-cames over this router resulted in horrible throughputs with hiccups every 5 minutes. The timing to release 'stale' network-link-sessions is not implemented correctly and lag.

I have given up and bought a router from the competition (call it E1000) and have since not found any throughput issues...

Hornet62

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »

I have since discovered the same thing, the EBR-2310 is a piece of junk.  I have borrowed a router built by the competition and it links my system up to the internet properly.  I was just looking at the speed test for all of my information.  This particular D-Link router just will not allow the speeds I pay for from my ISP.  I think it may work good as a doorstop since I already tossed the box it came in so I cannot return it.

Mackerel

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 07:51:54 PM »

When using as a doorstop, like I am doing right now, please remove the power-cable from the socket, as sometimes spilling drinks on it will result in some smoke, or more...  ;D