• April 19, 2024, 06:00:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 reboot,drop,stuck...everything.  (Read 4958 times)

bokeron

DIR-655 reboot,drop,stuck...everything.
« on: April 13, 2008, 10:21:26 AM »

So, I've just bought a DIR.655, A3 hardware. 1.10 EU firmware. I updated to 1.11EU firmware.

Connected the router to Speedtouch 530 v6, acting in bridge mode.

Change language to spanish, then I set up my connection, then I change ip to 10.0.0.100 and dhcp to 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.4. No special reason for it, apart from being easier to type it. PPoE connection, etc, everything works OK.

So, everything goes well.

But I've started having issues, of minor importance at first, but then some major issues.

First, I just got some WAN drops from time to time.
Then, I left my system on during the night downloading stuff just to test stability ... sometimes it stays connected, but sometimes I wake up to find the WAN dropped again.

And what most annoys me... logging. Logging started to cause a wan drop, and reboots. Every time I try to access the logs, the router drops the wan. Sometimes it simply restarts.
The problem persists...then I restart the router again and sometimes the problems go away. But after some time it comes back, and I'm forced to reset the router and configure it again.

So... what are my options ? Did I get a bad unit ? Is this a firmware related problem ? Have something like this happened to any of you ? Any solution ?

Please... this is getting on my nerves ...

poker

• Level 2 Member
Re: DIR-655 reboot,drop,stuck...everything.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »

As most people with this piece of junk I lost the signal aswell quite often, once a day.
So frustrating..
I disabled UPnP (at ADVANCED, ADVANCED NETWORK)
Been rock solid for 4 days now.