• April 16, 2024, 05:49:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DIR-655 problems after upgrade FW  (Read 13038 times)

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: DIR-655 problems after upgrade FW
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 08:54:31 AM »

You don't need to manually add the DNS servers. The DHCP server on the router will offer the public DNS addresses to the LAN machines after you refresh their IP Address's once DNS Relay is disabled.

totonebadass

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 09:15:55 AM »

Ahh, cool, I thought it was weird that my flat mate had no problems with the internet after I turned off the dns relay and without manually adding the dns servers. My connection died, but it must be , as you said, the ip refreshing.

bjarbj78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 01:14:31 PM »

Assuming that NOD32 has a NDIS filter like Kaspersky, the version of this filter on Windows XP should be different than on Vista as the two have different network stack architecture, that's likely the problem. A way to test this is to temporarily uninstall your AV app, I did that on my system and it works blazing fast then. As long as Dlink or our antivirus software creators fix this I have no complain, but it's not a major problem compared to router freezing and stuffs. Just remember HTTPS server is quite taxing on this router RAM and you can turns off Shareport and UPnP if you don't use them. So they're next on your list to disable if you still get a frozen router after a few days. Hope it will work out for you.

Hi.

That's correct :) I did uninstall NOD32(64bit) on my VISTA computer and restarted. No more slow pages on the router. Now the pages are much faster in the Advanced area.

So i installed a freeware Avira AntiVir Personal just for test. And no slow pages on the router with that AV.
So this seems to be a bug between NOD32 64bit(on VISTA) and DIR-655 with FW 1.32NA.

I don't use HTTPS on my router, Shareport is disabled. But i have UPNP enabled for some good reason, MSN is really slow in transfare if UPNP is disabled. And i have it because of some games.

So far everything looks good, all i have to do is just wait :)

Cheers

bigeyes0x0

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 07:37:08 PM »

Well free Avira does not have a NDIS filter so it's fast of course :D.

Remember that you should disable things you don't use inside the router administration interface, too. Don't use them but still have them enabled is like running an unused service on Windows, it will take up the router RAM.

Hashish

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 07:19:06 PM »

I have exactly the same issue. Had 1.21, everything was running perfectly, switched to 1.32NA - "freezes" every 3 days or so. When the router "freezes", it passes through every second DNS request or so, so browsing is really slow. Web management interface is unavailable as well - sometimes it just won't respond, sometimes it returns 0 bytes.

Factory firmware was NA too (i assume, since the device was purchased in US).

No antiviruses of any kind are installed. No p2p software (other than Skype). Issue appears both in Windows 7 (64bit RC with D-Link DWA-160) and Linux (Ubuntu Karmic 32-bit with Linksys WUSB54G v4, no Skype on this box), so it's definitely something with firmware and not driver/NDIS/etc.

bjarbj78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 03:54:08 PM »

I have exactly the same issue. Had 1.21, everything was running perfectly, switched to 1.32NA - "freezes" every 3 days or so. When the router "freezes", it passes through every second DNS request or so, so browsing is really slow. Web management interface is unavailable as well - sometimes it just won't respond, sometimes it returns 0 bytes.

Factory firmware was NA too (i assume, since the device was purchased in US).

No antiviruses of any kind are installed. No p2p software (other than Skype). Issue appears both in Windows 7 (64bit RC with D-Link DWA-160) and Linux (Ubuntu Karmic 32-bit with Linksys WUSB54G v4, no Skype on this box), so it's definitely something with firmware and not driver/NDIS/etc.

Hi.

I have downgrade to FW 1.31NA and disabled DNS relay.
Been running stable now for 9 days :)

Hashish

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »

Hi.

I have downgrade to FW 1.31NA and disabled DNS relay.
Been running stable now for 9 days :)

Yep, did exactly same thing after reading this forum and realizing that I'm not alone with this issue. We'll see how it goes.

bjarbj78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 03:31:50 PM »

Hi,

14 days running, no problem so far, FW 1.31NA, gonna keep it running for 14 days more then do a manually restart and see if it still keeps my settings.

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2]