• April 16, 2024, 01:27:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: SharePort must disconnect when logging off  (Read 2597 times)

smallweb

• Level 1 Member
SharePort must disconnect when logging off
« on: April 23, 2009, 03:14:09 AM »

Hello,

Ik have connected an USB disk to my DIR-655 router (with firmware 1.21EU installed). I have installed the SharePort USB network utility (version 1.14) on my Windows 2003 server. De utility recognizes the USB disk and creates an additional drive, so this works great.

But, when I want to log off from Windows (because this is a server) the utility wants to disconnect from the USB drive.

Is it possible to be connected to the USB drive, without any user logged on?

Thx,
Smallweb

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: SharePort must disconnect when logging off
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 04:55:38 AM »

Ask around also in more Windows oriented forums.
But to my knowledge: No.

DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

Arvald

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2009, 06:11:46 AM »

I have not looked at shareport... are you able to configure it at all as a service?

We have had issues at work with software like this, not all vendors take servers into account when writing software, we have a number of servers that must remain logged in on the console.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 06:39:29 AM »

I have not looked at shareport... are you able to configure it at all as a service?

We have had issues at work with software like this, not all vendors take servers into account when writing software, we have a number of servers that must remain logged in on the console.
You cannot install it as a service since it requires interaction to manually connect. The reason for disconnection is that (this version) does not allow concurrent conncetions to a attached device. So keeping it connceted will obstruct other users on the LAN to use a USB device.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

smallweb

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:04:20 AM »

OK, thanks for your answers.