• April 16, 2024, 03:18:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Re: Firmware Beta 1.13_B02  (Read 12640 times)

PerlSkater

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware Beta 1.13_B02
« on: September 22, 2008, 04:31:03 PM »

The following beta firmware is provided on a trial basis only and without any kind of warranty.
It is heavily advised not to use this beta firmware for any critical purpose.
By downloading the beta firmware file, you expressly agree that the use of the firmware is at your own risk and discretion.
It is not supported through the normal support channels. All questions, comments and issues should be directed to this board.

Download the firmware here.
ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dgl4500/firmware/dgl4500_firmware_113B02_beta.zip

What are the change log details for this revision?  Knowing this will help us to better test the possible fixes.

I am currently using firmware version 1.12 at the present time, but would like to know if certain issues may be fixed.

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 04:42:22 PM »

If I upgrade to this beta firmware and don't like it can I downgrade back to 1.12?

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 12:27:43 AM »

Beta so far from what i've seen has made it so the USB port has 2 others uses; Network USB, 3G USB Adapter and WCN Configuration.

xeno

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:07:10 AM »

Beta so far from what i've seen has made it so the USB port has 2 others uses; Network USB, 3G USB Adapter and WCN Configuration.

What do you mean "network usb" as in Network-attached storage (NAS)? 3G usb adapter? WCN?

Please explain these features.

X

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 03:07:06 AM »

What do you mean "network usb" as in Network-attached storage (NAS)? 3G usb adapter? WCN?

Please explain these features.

X

Network USB
Select to share a USB printer, scanner, or storage device connected to the USB port behind the router with multiple users within your network.
Support
Device drivers and the D-Link USB Network Utility must be installed on each computer that will use the device.
3G USB Adapter
Select 3G USB Adapter to use a 3G adapter to provide access to the Internet using an EV-DO cellular signal. Simply connect a 3G USB adapter to access the Internet (third party EV-DO subscription and available signal required).
Support
If you have trouble accessing the Internet through the router. Double check the settings you entered on this page and verify with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) if needed.
WCN Configuration
Select to configure your wireless network using Windows Connect Now (WCN). WCN allows you to copy your wireless settings from the router to a USB flash drive and use to automatically configure the wireless settings on your computer(s) or other WCN-compatible devices.

Balthazor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 03:08:38 AM »

For whatever reason, this beta firmware fixed all problems caused when I upgraded to 1.12:

DHCP Wan connection to dsl modem now works
Port forwarding appears to function correctly
SPI allows applications to work properly

xeno

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »

Thanks...

Now that is too cool. It actually puts the USB to work.

X

MPDamon

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 10:51:24 AM »

For whatever reason, this beta firmware fixed all problems caused when I upgraded to 1.12:

DHCP Wan connection to dsl modem now works
Port forwarding appears to function correctly
SPI allows applications to work properly

Sounds promising.  We shall see if the PS3 can no go into remote start mode without turning itself on. 

Puffnstuff

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 04:20:08 PM »

Unfortunately this firmware doesn't correct the issue I'm having with loading an rtsp page with ie7.

afranke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 01:01:04 PM »

Does it fix PS3 UPnP issues?

anon

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 07:36:24 AM »

I see no change with 1.13b