• April 19, 2024, 05:02:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Working Beta 1.03_b2 Link  (Read 9684 times)

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
Working Beta 1.03_b2 Link
« on: May 13, 2008, 06:13:27 PM »

Lycan,

You may want to use the following link for the firmware:  ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/dgl4500/firmware/dgl4500_beta_firmware_103.zip

The binary you referenced is in the zip file.

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
Re: Working Beta 1.03_b2 Link
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:38:42 PM »

Loaded this version and so far not enough usage to say if there's a change with dropped connections.  One thing I noticed after saving configurations and trying to reload them...none have worked for the last three versions.  What good is saving a config if you cant use it?

Also, the passwords are still restricted to only 15 characters.  Any way of increasing that?

Woogie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »

I cannot get this version to connect to my ISP via PPOE (ATT DSL). Is there anyone out there that can confirm this?

I tried for an hour or so, and finally downgraded to 1.02MSBeta and connected right away.

So far, I can't use this version at all.

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 07:00:33 PM »

I cannot get this version to connect to my ISP via PPOE (ATT DSL). Is there anyone out there that can confirm this?

I tried for an hour or so, and finally downgraded to 1.02MSBeta and connected right away.

So far, I can't use this version at all.

Sorry, I'm using static.

Did you try a clean config and not importing?  Not sure if you can but I've never had luck uploading a previous config.

Are you including a user/password in the new config?  Maybe it got lost?

Sorry these are pretty basic and you've probably already tried them.

Woogie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »

Sorry, I'm using static.

Did you try a clean config and not importing?  Not sure if you can but I've never had luck uploading a previous config.

Are you including a user/password in the new config?  Maybe it got lost?

Sorry these are pretty basic and you've probably already tried them.

Thanks for the attempt, but yes, I have already tried all of those. I have not had good luck importing configs in the past, so I have my settings pretty well memorized.

I'm sure it's not the password or username because I tried so many times, and when I went back to the old firmware, I connected on the first try.

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »

How about right after flashing the firmware and only making changes to the WAN config like changing to PPOE?  Don't change anything else including adding an admin password or any encryption.

Woogie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 06:21:37 AM »

How about right after flashing the firmware and only making changes to the WAN config like changing to PPOE?  Don't change anything else including adding an admin password or any encryption.

No, I haven't tried that, but frankly, if I can't change any settings without stopping the connection, then the firmware really doesn't do me much good.

FromAtoN

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »

No, I haven't tried that, but frankly, if I can't change any settings without stopping the connection, then the firmware really doesn't do me much good.

Didn't mean to say run the router like that.  Just begin with a basic config and see if it works.  Then you can start adding parts of your config until you figure out what breaks its.  Maybe isolating it to just one setting can help you and/or D-Link out.

Just some troubleshooting thoughts.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »

I didn't realize the link was broken, my bad guys. It's been corrected.