• March 29, 2024, 03:57:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: recording images  (Read 6170 times)

zrock

• Level 1 Member
recording images
« on: November 10, 2011, 07:38:18 PM »

Not to sure how to do this but i want to set up the 930 to record directly to my seagate network drive. Is this possible without having a FTP set up?

Allen

• Level 2 Member
Re: recording images
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »

DCS-930 doesn't support to record the camera image to any network storage device.

zrock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 07:49:44 AM »

It can save to FTP so i just assumed it could save to a network drive. Is their any way to have this save to any HD? I sorta need to get this thing to save images when its triggered. Its a bit of a security/saftey issue and this is the only thing available in my area that i can get my hands on now instead of wating weeks for something

zrock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 08:58:05 AM »

FYI this unit will record to network storage. Just need to install Dview cam... works great

m124

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 06:42:27 PM »

FYI this unit will record to network storage. Just need to install Dview cam... works great

For that to happen, D-view needs to run on a computer at all times, is that correct?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 01:29:53 PM »

For that to happen, D-view needs to run on a computer at all times, is that correct?

Yes.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ikecomp22

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 02:04:35 PM »

Not to sure how to do this but i want to set up the 930 to record directly to my seagate network drive. Is this possible without having a FTP set up?

I have this setup for motion based recording. The easiest way I've found to do this is to map a network drive/folder to the computer you have the Dcam software installed on. Next, in the Dcam software select the newly mapped drive as the storage location and you should be all set. I haven't tested this for still images but it works great for video.

I had to set it up this way because most of my available storage is on a different server than the one I installed the Dcam software and I don't have the space on it to record like I want.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »

The new DCS-942L contains an on-board flash card for recording video without the need for an external application running off a PC.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC