• March 28, 2024, 10:16:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: DNS-323 1.08 Beta Bug List / Improvement List  (Read 117568 times)

jolley

Re: DNS-323 1.08 Beta Bug List / Improvement List
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2010, 01:08:08 PM »

I'm not sure that's the case with the latest UK firmware.

I have password protected shares and anonymous shares coexisting without any problems. Out of interest, can you boot a client on your network with a Ubuntu live CD and see whether it behaves the same when you browse the shares on the DNS-323.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »

I'll have to look at the UK version...
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

jolley

« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2010, 04:58:11 AM »

Make sure you reset to defaults using the button on the back if you decide to try it, I had numerous problems until I did that. I may have also done it more than once for good measure! Since then it has been perfect for me anyway - apart from having to rename .MTS files to see them on my PS3, but I can live with that for now.

tlfrance

• Level 1 Member
play movies on iphone via UPnP
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2010, 01:28:28 PM »

hello,
With the soft PlugPlayer on iphone, you can access to the DNS323 via UPnP without any extra software installed on it. Playing music and photos works well. For videos, iphone is able to play only MP4 video format. We have generaly movies encoded on divx format.
So, should it be possible to encode on the fly to the mp4 format to be played on iphone?
Thank's for help

qirk89

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2010, 04:58:20 AM »

i upgraded to th newest beta 1.8b9 from 1.7.

Right    Seagate    ST31500341AS    9VS15N4D    1500 G    
Left    Seagate    ST31500341AS    9VS10W2D    1500 G    

In RAID 1 with EXT2

i found these bugs.

1. After a reboot of my DNS-323, i found that all the Network Access shares had been deleted (not the files as i thought at first, but the Settings) and this happens every time it reboots. (also on FTP rules)

2. i cannot install the dns323_widget_100_beta.widget file. but all others works perfectly.  ???

3. when i disable the Power LED Control control, it seems to have no effect. :-\

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 05:42:36 AM »

Did you reset to factory defaults and then try configuring the box?

amunoz_tico

• Level 2 Member
Re: play movies on iphone via UPnP
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2010, 02:38:18 PM »

hello,
With the soft PlugPlayer on iphone, you can access to the DNS323 via UPnP without any extra software installed on it. Playing music and photos works well. For videos, iphone is able to play only MP4 video format. We have generaly movies encoded on divx format.
So, should it be possible to encode on the fly to the mp4 format to be played on iphone?
Thank's for help

I have iMedia Link Player Lite.. it is FREE and run very well for me!!!

Regarding to DivX, I have the same problem.  You might play the DivX movies with "vlc4iphone", but you must have a jailbrake iPhone.

tlfrance

• Level 1 Member
Re: play movies on iphone via UPnP
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »

I have iMedia Link Player Lite.. it is FREE and run very well for me!!!

Regarding to DivX, I have the same problem.  You might play the DivX movies with "vlc4iphone", but you must have a jailbrake iPhone.

But how to play divx under media link player? I don't have the possibility to choose vlc4iphone for movie player

DXP

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »

DNS-323  Samba bug with 1.08 b08/b09

I have “My files”, “My Pictures”, “My Videos”, “Contacts”, and “Favorites”  all located on a D-Link samba share. In order that the share works as expected in a Windows 7 environment, and in particular so that Desktop.ini files work but don’t show, I have am running samba with the following common options;

create mask = 0777
force create mode = 0000
directory mask = 0777
force directory mode 0777

and the following options on the share;

map archive = yes
map system = yes
map hidden = yes

I have had problems saving word files that are already on the share, which sounds like the bug described in the release notes for 1.08b07. So I attempted to upgrade from my current version (1.08b05) to the beta 1.08b09 from the UK D-Link site.

This has caused serious problems. It appears that the Win7/Samba combination changes file attributes when directories are scanned by Windows 7. For instance, if I open Internet Explorer 8 and look at my “Favorites” then I briefly see the links but almost immediately Windows does some sort of scan and they all disappear. A subsequent check shows that the hidden bit has been set (one of the execute bits on the Unix side) so the link no-longer shows. As soon as I switch to another sub-folder of favorites, they also disappear. I can’t remember if it was just the “hidden” attribute or if the “system”  and "archive" attributes are also affected.

In any case, I reset the firmware to 1.08b05 and reset all the file attributes to 766 (or 777 for Desktop.ini, directories  etc). I subsequently found 1.08b08 in this forum so tried that also – with the exact same result. I don’t know where 1.08b07 is but suspect the bug was introduced while trying to fix the word/excel issue.

I’m now back on 1.08b05 and consider that the above bug is serious enough that I couldn’t use those later releases so am still stuck with the Word saving problem. Does anyone know what is actually going on here? Does it happen with other Windows versions?

David

qirk89

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2010, 10:09:52 AM »

Did you reset to factory defaults and then try configuring the box?

yes i kust tried. had no effect..

i have also been discovered that the harddrives doesn't hibernate as i should.. (not at all)

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2010, 10:21:55 AM »

FWIW, my DNS-323 doesn't hibernate nowadays either.  I did reset to defaults and reload my configuration, but that didn't help.

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2010, 12:19:31 PM »

FWIW, my DNS-323 doesn't hibernate nowadays either.  I did reset to defaults and reload my configuration, but that didn't help.

Just to say that I'm running the latest UK firmware and my disks hibernate as they should. I'm not running FFP.
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2010, 12:57:22 PM »

That's a thought, I'll remove ffp and see if it makes a difference.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »

Just to say that I'm running the latest UK firmware and my disks hibernate as they should. I'm not running FFP.
No joy.  Ran the FFP removal and totally removed it, still doesn't hibernate.

jolley

« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2010, 05:01:34 AM »

Try the reset button on the back again, but don't restore your configuration. Leave it and see if it hibernates.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8