• April 19, 2024, 04:39:16 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ECF - Will DLINK ever release an updated firmware for the 750?  (Read 36361 times)

mike2715

• Level 1 Member
Re: ECF - Will DLINK ever release an updated firmware for the 750?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 03:31:08 PM »

Does your tv have an aspect button? You might want to try that instead of zoom.

Mike

keentech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 10:38:38 AM »

OK I loaded it on my Windows7 Machine and it worked fine. I was able to play my MKV videos on the the DSM-750 connected in extender mode to my Win7 machine.

ECF how did you get it to play?  Mine only plays the audio and no video.

I have seen other topics on this forum about this issue and specifically playing the audio of the .mkv but just a black screen.  I have seen you ask in other topics if it worked on XBOX360 extenders.  Yes it does, as soon as you try to play that file the XBOX360 downloads and installs an update that plays back these files.  I purchased D-Link's unit so I dont have to burn up my 360 and to silence the fan noise.  Microsoft has fixed their issue so can you help your product along with an update to make us all VERY happy?  I shelled out the $$$ for this feature so please make it work.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 01:12:35 PM »

I just installed it to the PC then MKV video were available for playback. Next just started the extender and MKV where available there as well now and hit play on the video. If you are only getting audio it may have something to do with the video option chosen when recoding the video to MKV the DSM-750 may not like.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

keentech

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 01:47:30 PM »

installed what to the PC?  What video encoding setting should we be using so the DSM-750 will like it?

ziek

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2009, 04:51:45 PM »

I installed it on Win 7 as well, and the mkv plays in extender mode, but the video is squeezed into the middle of the screen with the top of the picture cut off, dark nars on both sides of the screen that take up half the screen itself and the quality is horrible... played around with different aspect settings both on the TV as well as within MCE and nothing happens.. using an HDMI cable...

Same video plays fine transcoded by Twonky...

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 10:20:35 AM »

installed what to the PC?  What video encoding setting should we be using so the DSM-750 will like it?

The dixv application is what I installed. I don't know what encoding settings would or wouldn't be support as this is a non supported application so I do not know what issues you may run into.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »

Keentech

I tested the 8GB MKV video file and I had the same issue as you did (no video audio only). The video played back steaming to the DSM-750 in media lounge mode using a UPnP AV media server that supports MKV. It looks to be something the Extender feature does not like in the recoding. What software was used for recoding and what setting where chosen?

djloewen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »

Okay - I finally tested mkv playback in Windows 7, and I guarantee you that the DSM-750 needs a firmware update.

Yes, if you install DivX, you will be able to play mkvs on the DSM-750 in Media Centre mode. But yes, they are being transcoded by Windows 7, because Windows 7 clearly does not know that the 750 can actually play mkvs.

I have tested a number of mkvs - some that I have downloaded, some that I have created myself. (As a note, I did come across one or two that just have black screens with audio - they were downloaded, and I'm not concerned about making them work). Just so that we're all testing the same files, I recommend grabbing any of these:

http://www.divx.com/en/downloads/divx-7-showcase

If you have a powerful enough machine, it will do a decent job of transcoding them. On a slower machine the blockiness will be really obvious. But I guarantee that they are being transcoded. Just look at the details and tell me if they are as clear and sharp as they are on the computer.

So to get back to an old post of mine, I called D-Link some months ago to report this issue, and they responded that they are aware of the problem, and that it would be addressed in a firmware update. Basically, the DSM-750 needs to tell Windows 7 that it can handle H264/AAC MKV files, so that Windows 7 won't transcode. So, ECF, do you have a way of finding out when this firmware update will arrive?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »

Nope..First I would need to verify that the Divx app installed to Windows Media Center is not intended to transcode MKV to a supported Divx file type on the fly as Tversity does. Can you provide a link to any documentation on this? Also is the Divx app certified my Microsoft on extenders? And another thing is that this is not a supported feature of Windows Media Center so I will need to have this forwarded to product management as a feature request and if approved it may be added in a future firmware release.

macquerw

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 08:55:55 AM »

Any response to my questions about additional functionality posted on 8/30 and 9/18?

Thanks.

saitoh183

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 04:01:59 PM »

I just installed it to the PC then MKV video were available for playback. Next just started the extender and MKV where available there as well now and hit play on the video. If you are only getting audio it may have something to do with the video option chosen when recoding the video to MKV the DSM-750 may not like.

I know this thread is a bit old but...

ECF, im trying to get this to work but when i install the divx 7 preview, i dont see mkv files from 750 but i see them and run them just fine in Win7 x64 WMC. When i install Shark007 codec pack with divx 7 preview, i see the mkv in  750 but only get audio. You mentionned that it might be the code used for the video...if you remember, what is the video information of the mkv you tested and that worked? 

mikeb_3808ci

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 07:27:29 AM »

How about a fix for the HDMI audio problems when connected to a Denon 3808CI??

I've reported this problem multiple times, each time CS acts like they've never heard of it, and ask me to upload a video clip to a site that won't take even a 10 second file (too big) to demonstrate the problem.

Audio via HDMI to the Denon is downmixed to 2 channel.  If I connect via spdif coax, I get 5.1. These are both playing the same clips recorded off air on WMC.

You could sure fix that, and release a new firmware load as far as I'm concerned.

>:(

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »

How about a fix for the HDMI audio problems when connected to a Denon 3808CI??

I've reported this problem multiple times, each time CS acts like they've never heard of it, and ask me to upload a video clip to a site that won't take even a 10 second file (too big) to demonstrate the problem.

Audio via HDMI to the Denon is downmixed to 2 channel.  If I connect via spdif coax, I get 5.1. These are both playing the same clips recorded off air on WMC.

You could sure fix that, and release a new firmware load as far as I'm concerned.

>:(

Unfortunately I do not have this device to test the audio on and 5.1 audio does not seem to have an issue via HDMI on other audio systems used.

mikeb_3808ci

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 06:16:20 AM »

Unfortunately I do not have this device to test the audio on and 5.1 audio does not seem to have an issue via HDMI on other audio systems used.

Wow. Does that really sound like it should be a satisfactory response?  Would you be satisfied with that response if it was your equipment?

There's a Sony PS3 and Motorola U-verse box that send DD5.1 to the same AVR just fine via HDMI, so the AVR can make the same claim about not having an issue with other systems.

So how can I get this resolved?

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 01:53:28 PM »

Well have you called technical support?
Pages: 1 [2] 3