• March 29, 2024, 01:49:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion detect is useless  (Read 7606 times)

peje

• Level 1 Member
Motion detect is useless
« on: May 06, 2019, 01:12:28 AM »

The motion detect feature of the DCS-8600LH is close to useless.
If I setl it in to detect a person it also becomes very sensitive to sun/cloud changes so I get many irrelevant warnings.
If I set to not detect sun/cloud changes it detects no person infront of camera.
It also dectect motion when it changes from day to night & night to day mode.

This camera is mounted outside and overlooks a summer cabin.

TheMoon

• Level 1 Member
Re: Motion detect is useless
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 02:43:17 AM »

Where is the setting for detection humans? ;)

tbullet

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 10:50:31 AM »

I found I had to add an event to have the camera do a push notification when detecting movement. I also was wondering why I wasn't getting notified if movement was happening.
Now if they can get their software to run properly in firefox of ANY browser to access the cameras, that would be great.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2019, 11:15:04 AM »

You can use firefox 52ESR or Internet Explorer to go to mydlink.com (select 2nd gen portal) to view live video and a few settings. Still can't watch recorded video from cloud or SD card.

phil1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 07:42:27 AM »

I also have a problem with the motion detector.  Detects motion at night but has a problem during the day.  Detects movement at 50 feet and 1 ft but not in between.  This is the second camera with the a motion detection problem.  First camera was returned.  It also had a problem loading when using the mobile app.  Again Help line was no help.