• April 19, 2024, 09:53:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS 5300g Panning Issue  (Read 2961 times)

JrOgres

• Level 1 Member
DCS 5300g Panning Issue
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:47:24 AM »

I have a DCS-5300g network camera and have begun having some problems with it.  The left and right pan buttons work for awhile (generally <10 clicks), but then stop. Using the Home button to take it to the home position will allow you to go right and left again, even if you are past the point it stopped moving before, so I know it has not moved fully either direction.  Auto pan also will often go further, sometimes the full range, but still occasionally will stop short.

Whatever this problem is it also affects the preset locations.  When you choose goto: <location> the camera will always be off target of where the preset location is. I can't tell any pattern in its inaccuracy yet, if there is one.

The camera is DCS-5300g, revision A, using firmware 1.02 atm. The problem happened with firmware 1.00 also.

Is this at all similar to the problem that was fixed in the firmware 2.02 for revision B?  Is it a calibration issue?  Or is it more likely to be a hardware problem inside the camera, i.e. motor problem?

Thanks for any advice,
Justin

NWilker

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS 5300g Panning Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »

Have you tried using the revision b firmware? Maybe the cameras are similar enough for them to work.

JrOgres

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS 5300g Panning Issue
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:31:52 AM »

Yeah, I tried but it won't let me even select them for uploading to it since the versions don't match.