• March 28, 2024, 02:36:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remote sign in no longer works  (Read 5746 times)

GKL

• Level 1 Member
Re: Remote sign in no longer works
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »

The app I have on my windows phone is made for windows phones "mydlink lite" is what it is called.

The 2 cameras I use are both DCS-936L

Both cameras do show up in the "local" section of the app but the app is asking me to sign in to access the "remote" section, but gives the error mesage when I try to do so.

If it is possible to use a 3rd party app that might be the needed solution if for some reason the mydink lite app is no longer supported

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 02:31:22 PM »

I am not sure of any 3rd party apps since I am not familiar with windows phone.  The DCS-936L supports HTTP/RTSP so should work with most 3rd party apps. Some may require you to open ports on your router to the cameras.

I have tried IP Cam Viewer for android. Not sure if there is a Windows 8 version.

Have you tried using browser and going to mydlink.com? log in and see if your cameras show up. Also you have not said if you have rebooted them.

GKL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 02:59:41 PM »

I just rebooted both cameras, not sure why both cameras would have a glitch at the same time though.

I could access cameras thru the mydlink web site on my laptop.

Now while I realize passwords are usually case sensitive, the username/email usually is not, however just in case I changed my email to uppercase in the first half before the @ sign and first letter uppercase after the @ and now I can sign in the remote section, whether the email is case sensitive or the reboot fixed it I'm not sure, but it now works again !

Thanks for your diligent effort to help me figure this out, it is appreciated !

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 03:18:58 PM »

Interesting. The username should not be case-sensitive but maybe a recent update changed that.  I will notify the camera group and let them know so they can verify.

Glad it is working now. If any other issues come up let us know.

GKL

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 03:29:35 PM »

Thanks !

Not saying for sure the username case made the difference, I could sign out and try signing back in with the all lowercase like before to see if the error message shows up again but I'd rather not mess with it right now after taking so long to get it working.   Usually I haven't needed to sign in each time as it was saved so I just had to click on stuff.    If it ever asks for me to sign in again I'll try lowercase first just to see if the error message happens again.

I had previously rebooted one of the cameras with no effect, so that makes me wonder if rebooting both of them made any difference.
Pages: 1 [2]