• March 28, 2024, 01:20:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Delete my DNS320L from mydlink without reset it ???  (Read 5530 times)

deuf

• Level 2 Member
Delete my DNS320L from mydlink without reset it ???
« on: March 02, 2014, 07:35:13 AM »

Hi,

i wouldl ike to remove my DNS320L form mydlink i have the message that the DNS320L will be deleted from mydlink.com and that it will be reste to factory settings !!! Is there a way to remove it from my d-link account but without lossing all the data and settings !?

Deuf

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Delete my DNS320L from mydlink without reset it ???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 10:03:53 AM »

The factory default procedure is designed not to impact existing HDD configurations or stored data. Additionally, the current firmware version installed on the device will also remain intact. The procedure will remove all user settings (i.e. password, network settings, shares, etc.). You can save a Configuration Settings file that will capture all your user settings and upload it after performing the factory reset to restore you unit to the way it was before the reset.

DNS ShareCenter - Restoring Factory Default Settings
DNS ShareCenter - Configuration Settings File

After you save the configuration settings file, make sure to test it on the DNS-320 before performing the factory reset to make sure the file saved properly. It's best to save the file using IE (pre-IE11 version) to ensure the file works.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

deuf

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

The factory default procedure is designed not to impact existing HDD configurations or stored data. Additionally, the current firmware version installed on the device will also remain intact. The procedure will remove all user settings (i.e. password, network settings, shares, etc.). You can save a Configuration Settings file that will capture all your user settings and upload it after performing the factory reset to restore you unit to the way it was before the reset.

DNS ShareCenter - Restoring Factory Default Settings
DNS ShareCenter - Configuration Settings File

After you save the configuration settings file, make sure to test it on the DNS-320 before performing the factory reset to make sure the file saved properly. It's best to save the file using IE (pre-IE11 version) to ensure the file works.

Thank you for the answer.
I couldn't really believe it.. but yes.
No way to remove a D-Link from Mydlink.com without a factory reset ! As i don't really trust D-link dev's..i'm not gonna try it. I'm already quite surprised how easily my NAS has an access to the outside, and my FW doesn't see anything. I did'nt activated anything on the NAS but i can access it from the outside... So easily... This is why i didn't trust it and wanted to remove it from mydlink.com...

Are there any official documents on how mydlink.com can access to the DNS320L ? What port ? What protocol ? Or should i install wireshark for that ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 03:26:05 PM »

Thank you for the answer.
I couldn't really believe it.. but yes.
No way to remove a D-Link from Mydlink.com without a factory reset ! As i don't really trust D-link dev's..i'm not gonna try it. I'm already quite surprised how easily my NAS has an access to the outside, and my FW doesn't see anything. I did'nt activated anything on the NAS but i can access it from the outside... So easily... This is why i didn't trust it and wanted to remove it from mydlink.com...

Are there any official documents on how mydlink.com can access to the DNS320L ? What port ? What protocol ? Or should i install wireshark for that ?

To give an idea of how frequently the factory reset can be used, it's the defacto method to gain access to the DNS-320 in the event of a lost password. . . i.e. the factory reset = password reset procedure.

To answer your second question, Wireshark.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 05:23:37 AM »

Any update on this issue? Did you try performing the reset?