• April 24, 2024, 05:32:29 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: External access to NAS via DSL-G604t  (Read 3762 times)

seank

• Level 1 Member
External access to NAS via DSL-G604t
« on: March 16, 2011, 03:53:08 AM »

Couldn't get any advice on which area to post to so sorry if this is the wrong place.

External access to Iomega ix2-200 NAS via DSL-G604T

Having trouble setting up web access to my NAS and had this guidance from Iomega:

"  Could you please tell me if you enabled port forwarding on your router. You need to open port https/443 and point it to the ip address of your iomega device so that external connection can go through your router.

Also you need to make sure if you have a firewall enabled on the router to create a rule to allow this connection. Alternatively just disable the firwall if you like. "

"  1- looks like you must first enable Router's firewall
2- Choose a connection- This should be the connection that connects you to internet
3-LAN Ip- This should be the ip address of your IX-200 device( Preferably you should give a static ip to your device by logging into it and sttings-> Network Services->Network Settings and disable automatic and dhcp and give an ip that dhcp wont assign to other devices- usually on router you can let dhcp range to start fro 50 to 254 and from 1-50 you can statically set to your devices, servers, printers etc. in your network)
4-On Category- Choose User and here it will take you to another menu where you can choose protocol 443 which is https use same port for lan and wan also tcp&udp both enabled.
5- Finally you need to tell your firewall by entering a rule to allow this connection coming in.  "

I've managed to find the Port Forwarding section on the router setup but am struggling to see how I apply this advice to the available options.  I presume I need to use the User section but am unclear what the precise syntax might be for the inputs.

Any guidance specific to the DSL-G604T interface would to greatly appreciated,

Cheers, Sean