• March 28, 2024, 02:58:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: "The request is forbidden" Error  (Read 8735 times)

vince105

• Level 1 Member
"The request is forbidden" Error
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »

I am getting a `The request is forbidden` error when trying to access the camera using its IP, both through a browser and through an NVR. Any suggestions on what I can do or what triggered this?

I am using the latest firmware 2.00.

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: "The request is forbidden" Error
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 03:18:51 PM »

Are you getting this by just entering the IP address? This error is usually a permissions error - connecting to a specific .htm page.

If you are just entering http://192.168.0.100 for example and getting this error something is definitely wrong. if you are entering something like 192.168.0.100/Home.htm, then yes sometimes you may get that error if you are not considered logged in.

D-Link US does not sell this camera so I am not sure about specific errors or issues. Hopefully another user or the tech from Canada who is helping you can find out.

vince105

• Level 1 Member
Re: "The request is forbidden" Error
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 05:06:42 PM »

I eventually had to reset the camera and set it up from scratch. Not sure what happened; I would get this error just by hitting the IP directly. Thanks for your help.