• March 29, 2024, 01:56:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Ceiling mount of DCS-942L  (Read 6565 times)

bgrant

• Level 1 Member
Ceiling mount of DCS-942L
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »

I'm looking to buy the DCS-942L but can't find whether or not the stand had the ability to be rotated upward and provides screw holes to screw the stand into the ceiling.

Can someone who owns a 942L confirm whether or not it supports ceiling mounting of th camera?

None of the manuals or datasheets gave any detail on the mount/stand.

Thanks in advance for any help.

jims123

• Level 1 Member
Re: Ceiling mount of DCS-942L
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 06:40:05 AM »

;)   bgrant
I took a look at mine and yes it would be easy to mount the base to the ceiling with the camera below it.. and it will swivel around so the cams normal Top edge is still on top.

I found there is a way in the SETUP s/w to flip the image vertically,  or to mirror the video displayed so what is normally on the left is displayed on the right too..so you can mount the camera upside down and the video will still look normal.   JimS

hobozombie

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 01:00:03 PM »

Here is some additional information regarding mounting. The camera stand has a round insert that can be removed. When removed, it exposes 4 screw holes. The mounting kit included with the camera consists of 2 small screws and 2 plastic screw anchors. If you would like pictures of the base of the camera stand, let me know and I will try and post them here.

bgrant

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »

Thank you both, this is perfect.   I could find nothing that mentioned the screws or removable plate in the online docs.