• March 28, 2024, 04:53:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Motion detection based recording (instead of continuous recording) on DNR-202L  (Read 8775 times)

suchit

• Level 1 Member

I've just installed a DNR-202L. I connected a 1TB HDD. I have two cameras: DCS-5020L and DCS-933L both are configured and working fine. I am recording the video from both cameras.

My questions is right now the video is recording continously. What I require is a motion detection based recording only and not non-stop recording as it is currently doing. Can someone guide on where and how I can configure it?

I know that the camera also has this feature (motion detection) but I don't think it has to be configured there. I think the DNR-202L should have a settings.

Help is appreciated.

~ Suchit

Fyrewerx

• Level 1 Member

I, too, would prefer a method of setting motion detection based recording on the DNR-202L.  However, the DNR-202L's manual, configuration section, on pages 42 and 43, they make reference to the red bars and blue bars indicating Record Always and Record on Event respectively, depending on "how the camera is set."

I haven't found a simple setting on the cameras I have - DCS-5010L and DCS-932L.

Notworried

• Level 2 Member

The reason I just bought this unit is to do continuous recording. Motion detection inside cameras are pathetic. Misses way too much. Don't know if DNR does its own motion detection. BTW, I can't get it to record anything. What is the secret?

Fyrewerx

• Level 1 Member

@ Notworried,   I had a hard time getting the system to record at first, too.  I stumbled onto connecting them, and I think the following is what got it to work (I hope).

- First, make sure the cameras are set up and working, individually.
- On the setup website for the DNR- 202L (accessed by entering it's IP address in your browser's URL field), go to the Status tab.
   - Are your cameras listed?
   - If so, does the status say they are "Connected"?
   - If so, does the status say they are "Recording"?  (probably not, or you wouldn't have asked)
If the Status says they are not Connected, or not Recording, go to the Setup tab, and choose Add Camera (from choices on the left column).
   - If your cameras are on the Camera List, click on Camera 1 first.
   - On the small window that pops up, fill in that camera's admin and password blanks (the camera's IP address should already be filled in. If not, add it).
   - Click on Save Setting.
Check the Status tab again to see if that camera now says Connected and Recording.
Please repost to this forum to let us know whether this worked.

adamadam

• Level 1 Member

you can set it up so that it will save motion activated files to an FTP. that way have a small USB attached to 202l and a larger USB drive attached to your FTP server (these days most routers have USB and FTP options)

kah00na

• Level 1 Member

you can set it up so that it will save motion activated files to an FTP. that way have a small USB attached to 202l and a larger USB drive attached to your FTP server (these days most routers have USB and FTP options)

Are you talking about setting up the camera to send to a remote FTP site or the DNR-202L?