• March 28, 2024, 02:26:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WIFI connection impossible!  (Read 15874 times)

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
WIFI connection impossible!
« on: February 10, 2014, 11:44:46 AM »

Hi!
I came here for the 3rd time as I sent back to the provider the camera because I was not able to receive notifications and the firmware update went wrong...
Now I received a new one and I'm not able to connect to thw camera when set with my home's WIFI!!!

I get into the camera with it's own WIFI and as soon as I wanna change the config to the it into my home's WIFI I receive then a message telling that the device is not found!!!

When are you going to get this product well working??? It's quiet a pure job that you have done with this camera!!

Please if anyone has any idea on how to get out of this s*** please let me know....

sorry for the bad word but I'm really pissed of....

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: WIFI connection impossible!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »

What Mfr and model router do you have?

Wireless Configurations on main host router
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion and Good Neighbour Policy
  • Ensure the default (dlink) SSID name is changed. Can be anything and not something that's already in use by any neighboring WiFi routers. Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
  • What wireless modes are you using?
  • 2.4Ghz Routers only: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N?
  • 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz routers: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N on 2.4Ghz and single mode N on 5Ghz?
  • Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
  • Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear.
  • What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many?
  • If you have any of these options, Try turning OFF or ON Short GI, WLAN Partition, Extra Wireless Protection and HT 20/40 Co-existence if you have it. Also testing with HT20/40Mhz Co-existence enabled will impact results as well. I prefer to use this option OFF. Recommended settings are default.

Temporarily turn off Wifi security on the main host router...does the camera connect then?

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:26:08 AM »

Hi!
I came here for the 3rd time as I sent back to the provider the camera because I was not able to receive notifications and the firmware update went wrong...
Now I received a new one and I'm not able to connect to thw camera when set with my home's WIFI!!!

I get into the camera with it's own WIFI and as soon as I wanna change the config to the it into my home's WIFI I receive then a message telling that the device is not found!!!

When are you going to get this product well working??? It's quiet a pure job that you have done with this camera!!

Please if anyone has any idea on how to get out of this **** please let me know....

sorry for the bad word but I'm really pissed of....

Try performing a factory reset on the DCS-825L and start the configuration from scratch. While the DCS-825L is powered-up, press and hold the recessed Reset button on the bottom of the DCS-825L for > 9 seconds. This procedure will remove all settings/changes you made to the camera, restoring the unit back to factory default settings.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 08:54:30 AM »

I fixed the issue by accessing to the "admin" interface from my MacBook Pro and changing the IP address to a fix one...
Weird fix but it now works like that...
But there are some other issues.... I'm very disapointed on this camera which it was supposed to be an excellent solution and it's actually not...

Some issues I have experienced:
- no push notifications on my Ipad/Iphone if I'm not into the app or if the device is locked...
- the volume is really not loud when I quit the app to hear the sound in my baby's room
- a delay of 2 secs on the sound...
- the "myDlink baby monitor" app messages are not displayed correctly. I have some kind of variables at the place of the messages which are not really easy to understand (even if you are a programmer...)

About the notifications issue, I have writen an email and opened a ticket at Dlink support in Switzerland and they told me that it is not possible for now..... which is disgusting cause the product description speaks about that....

Please JavaLawyer if you have any idea on how to solve some of these issues or if you know that Dlink is going to get some new updates let me know...

PS:
Apart from the link "http//ip_address/eng/admin/tools_firmware.cgi" is there other links to administrate the camera??
I find the admin page really poor...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:58:02 AM by pri77y »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 09:07:03 AM »

I fixed the issue by accessing to the "admin" interface from my MacBook Pro and changing the IP address to a fix one...
Weird fix but it now works like that...

I recommend that you reserve the IP address in your router rather than using a static IP address through the camera. There are scenarios where another competing wireless device could steal the IP address from the DCS-825L, leaving the DCS-825L with an IP address conflict.  You should just be aware that this is a potential issue in case you experience connectivity issues down the line. If you reserve the IP address in the router, the IP address will be permanently "reserved" for the DCS-825L, preventing other devices from also trying to use it.

Some issues I have experienced:
- no push notifications on my Ipad/Iphone if I'm not into the app or if the device is locked...
- the volume is really not loud when I quit the app to hear the sound in my baby's room
- the "myDlink baby monitor" app messages are not displayed correctly. I have some kind of variables at the place of the messages which are not really easy to understand (even if you are a programmer...)

I recommend placing your wants/desires on the DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist thread (if the items are not already listed there). At present, D-Link does view the DCS-825 board quite often, so post your requests there to get some visibility.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:14:39 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

pri77y

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:15:33 AM »

I recommend that you reserve the IP address in your router rather than using a static IP address through the camera. There are scenarios where another competing wireless device could steal the IP address from the DCS-825L, leaving the DCS-825L with an IP address conflict.  You should just be aware that this is a potential issue in case you experience connectivity issues down the line. If you reserve the IP address in the router, the IP address will be permanently "reserved" for the DCS-825L, preventing other devices from also trying to use it.

The answer is no...I have configured my router to distribute addresses on the range 192.168.x.100 to 192.168.x.200, and the IP address of my camera is out of that range. So no chance to have 2 devices with the same IP address on the network.

I recommend placing your wants/desires on the DCS-825L Firmware Wishlist thread (if the items are not already listed there). At present, D-Link does view the DCS-825 board quite often, so post your requests there to get some visibility.

Thats for the advice...I will add my comments on the Whishlist.

DidierVl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 04:07:12 AM »

Hi I also have problems connecting to my WiFi network.
I receive the warning "Failed to join the specified Wi-Fi network. Please check your home Wi-Fi network password and try again."
I tried to connect to my Wi-Fi whilest the internet security was turned of. Didn't work.
Turned of my range extender. Didn't work.
Restarted my router, my switches... Didn't work.

Some info on my network config.

Router:
- Linksys WRT610N
- 2.4GHz channel 13, width 20MHz
- WPA2-personal TKIP or AES
Range Extender:
- Linksys RE1000
Tablet:
- Samsung Nexus 10: Android 4.4.2
- mydlink babyphone app (having troubles with the layout, buttons not on the right place, but that's an other issue)

I have a WiFi analyser, and there are no onther WiFi channels occupied. (Except channel 1 for my DCS-825L)

Weird thing is that I have the impression that mydlink app doesn't even try to connect to my network.
Because it just takes no time to give me the warning.

Anybody any ideas?

DidierVl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 04:34:53 AM »

Yeah, I did it!!

I found in an other topic in this forum http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=57687.0

I can connect to the following addres with my tablet
http://ip_address/eng/mainFrame.cgi

There I can manualy change the settings of the network to that of mine. All Done.

Why wasn't that in the manual? Duh.