• April 18, 2024, 12:03:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 30mb - 15mb  (Read 3201 times)

sagueda

• Level 1 Member
30mb - 15mb
« on: February 04, 2011, 03:42:22 PM »

I have some questions about the DGL-4500 router.

1. my connection is 30mb when moden direct testing, but when I connect to the router and test in speedtest.net gives me 15mb.

2. Could do some configuration to improve the speed??

Thanks for your help

LookIntoMyEyees

• Level 5 Member
  • Let me lend you a hand & solutions shall follow.
Re: 30mb - 15mb
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 04:05:06 PM »

I believe while you have game fuel enabled the router won't give any single given device full bandwidth. The reason you are getting those speeds are because your PC is not a priority. Try disabling game fuel, so the router is no longer prioritizing. Instead it will just act and behave as a regular router all traffic in and out at the same time. By disabling Game Fuel you will experience some sort of lag if you have many devices requesting heavy data at the same time. If you would rather just make your PC a priority than you must set up a custom game fuel rule for that pc. This is a gaming router, its job is to ensure your games are running smooth and remove those who are not gaming and slow them down.

--
Chris
Did I Help? If So, Say So! ShHHhh!, Just LookIntoMyEyees! No one is perfect, we all make mistakes.

sagueda

• Level 1 Member
Re: 30mb - 15mb
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 04:45:38 PM »

Thanks for your quick response, you're absolutely right. Testing with a 24mb wifi was on and the cable directly to the laptop was 30mb. Now I create a rule for the xbox. Thanks again