• April 18, 2024, 04:08:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bright White circle near bottom-center of camera view at night  (Read 3604 times)

shaker13

• Level 1 Member

I just recently installed my new DCS-2330L camera, and so far, aside from some minor issues, i'm impressed.  However, one thing that's been bothering me, is that at night, when the IR lights kick in, i get a bright white circle near the bottom center of my camera view (almost like it's a reflection of some sort).  This circle is not present during the day, when the camera is operating in colour mode, and the IR LED's are off.  Any idea what is causing this?  Do i need to perhaps return this camera?  I would upload/attach an image which clearly shows what i'm describing, but i don't see that option in this forum...

shaker13

• Level 1 Member
Re: Bright White circle near bottom-center of camera view at night
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 06:59:12 PM »

OK, so i think i've figured it out... all it took was for me to post my first question on this forum :p

It's definitely a reflection from the IR LED's, and it's a reflection from one of the rear red reflector lenses on my vehicle parked in the driveway. 

I figured this out by turning off the IR LED's and then turning them back on again.  When the IR LED's were off, the little white circle disappeared.  When i turned it back on, the white circle reappeared (and i noticed a huge amount of reflection from the rear red reflector lense).  So there you have it. 

I've read about people getting reflections from the window when pointing indoor cameras outside at night, but never thought i'd experience such a reflection with the camera mounted outdoors... live and learn.  On to the next little thing that's bugging me...