The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-320L

DNS-320L - Backup / HDD Capacity

(1/2) > >>

Beryus:
Maybe ONE off-topic-question  ;): Now there is a nice NAS to USB backup-functionality but is there any form of compression in the sharecenter backup software or will 2TB source = 2TB backup? That would be really sad.

Beryus

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: Beryus on October 11, 2012, 05:44:46 AM ---Maybe ONE off-topic-question  ;): Now there is a nice NAS to USB backup-functionality but is there any form of compression in the sharecenter backup software or will 2TB source = 2TB backup? That would be really sad.

--- End quote ---

I don't believe compression is/was used by any of the ShareCenter line. If compression were available on the ShareCenter (which it's not), I'd expect it to be offered on the DNS-345, D-Link's new flagship consumer NAS. Off topic... the DNS-345 does offer volume encryption.  ;)

Beryus:
Ok, so 4TB source = 4TB backup. Means 2 x DNS-320L (each 2 x 2TB HDD) so that one can backup to the other? Quite expensive, hm?

Beryus

Sorry, very off-topic. If you don't want to discuss this here then please move it to a better thread...

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: Beryus on October 11, 2012, 07:01:47 AM ---Ok, so 4TB source = 4TB backup. Means 2 x DNS-320L (each 2 x 2TB HDD) so that one can backup to the other? Quite expensive, hm?

--- End quote ---

I'm using that same backup strategy with two DNS-343s. 

Beryus:

--- Quote from: JavaLawyer on October 11, 2012, 07:24:25 AM ---I'm using that same backup strategy with two DNS-343s.  

--- End quote ---

But sooo expensive. :-\

And the backup-software of the sharecenter line is stable and no problems will occur?

Another question: Since the DNS-320L can handle 3TB-HDDs, is it possible to see the full 3TB-HDD by a MBR-System (Notebook)? I really don't know because it's via network.

Beryus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version