• March 28, 2024, 01:57:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: email alerts every 5 min  (Read 5900 times)

dlcda

• Level 1 Member
email alerts every 5 min
« on: July 27, 2014, 11:09:23 PM »

Help! I'm getting email alerts every 5 min from my DCS-933L. I want it to email me 6 photos when the front door is opened. Instead I get an email that motion was detected, but no photos when the door was opened. It does email me every 5 minutes though with a shot of the front door.
I've tried reducing sensitivity to 25%, minimizing the area to detect motion, and finally I've stuck the camera facing the back wall of the bookcase - so now I'm getting photos of that every 5 minutes.
I bought this camera because it was supposed to be super easy to set up - a ridiculous claim. It took me a full day and the help of tech support just to get the email settings right. And now all these emails.
Has this happened to anyone else and any suggestions?
Please and thank you.

dlcda

• Level 1 Member
Re: email alerts every 5 min
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »

Seems like my best option is to take it back and swap it for ssomething that works easier. I could spend hours trying to figure it out - and find that it doesn't work anyway!
 ???

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 06:19:24 AM »

What firmware version is installed on your DCS-933L?  Do you have sound detection disabled?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

dlcda

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:53:57 PM »

yes it was disabled. The 5 min was from the Email interval (300 Seconds). If I changed to 600 Seconds I'd get emails every 10 min. But if someone accessed the trigger area at any other time i didn't get an email. And  the setting was for 6 photos a time, 3 before the trigger and 3 after.
So there was something wrong with the unit or the software but I couldn't get any help.
The Firmware was 1.04.

Cheers

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 08:32:22 PM »

Just verifying, under SETUP > Mail > TIME SCHEDULE, did you select the "Motion/Sound Detection" radio button?

Also, do you see any visual artifacts/static in the camera Live Video view?  It's possible that wireless interference is causing image artifacts, resulting in false motion detection triggers. Can you test a wired connection to rule this out? You may also want to try a different electrical outlet to rule out interference.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:38:11 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

dlcda

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 03:20:02 PM »

Thanks... it was emailing me when I had it facing the back wall of a book case, so whatever was setting it off was to do with the camera. I need something that works, while I'm curious what was wrong, at the same time playing detective is time consuming. I've taken it back... trying a new one and will see if that's better!