• March 28, 2024, 06:12:52 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Loosing Connection After A Day or 2?  (Read 12329 times)

budies3

• Level 1 Member
Loosing Connection After A Day or 2?
« on: November 01, 2014, 09:20:01 AM »

Good morning all:) I updated to the latest firmware, and now every day or so I have to reset it back to factory settings to get it to work again. Has anyone else ran into this? I have reset, reflashed, etc... I can connect in home with no issue from a browser, but not on the dlink app. If anyone can shed some light, or point me in the direction of what I need to read? Thank you for any help.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Loosing Connection After A Day or 2?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 06:27:54 PM »

Your router isn't configured properly.

Login to your router and open up the port.

budies3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 04:35:07 AM »

That's what I thought too... I have the port open, and have not changed anything on the router. The only change was firmware. Maybe I have the wrong port, what one is it? Thank you.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 06:57:21 AM »

Have you logged directly into the cameras firmware?  It is the port you assigned there.

And that's the local port. Your router should have an translation table to assign an outside port number to the inside one.

So with out knowing about your router model or what you have done it is hard to say.

budies3

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 03:37:45 AM »

I run a Asus RT-AC68U with DD-WRT firmware. This is the same firmware I have ran in all my routers through the years.

These settings are the same that I had before, so that's whats throwing me off a little. The small pic is just showing that I have the port open in the router.