• April 16, 2024, 07:52:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Used Disk Space Different between Status Page and Windows Explorer Calculation  (Read 1613 times)

HsMjsty

• Level 1 Member
    • Real WAN Optimization - No Gimicks

Hi all, one thousand apologies if this is addressed in another thread, i did look and search around but did not find exactly what i was looking for.

I'll keep this simple although perhaps not brief, i promise.

Summary:
I copied off everything i believed i have contained on my 2x500GB RAID1 DNS-323 to a swing drive so i can replace my 2x500GB with larger drives.

the properties of the total copy reported by windows (or FTP) is far less then what shows on the Status page from within the WebUI Admin at just over 20GB more used space then was copied off.

Can anyone explain this or provide a method to otherwise verify i did copy off everything i thought i have?

There is only one Volume_1 which has one folder and then 5 subfolders that contain the rest of the 40k files and 3K folders.  i used robocopy (and filezilla, i did two different methods to be sure) to copy off 407GB, the status page is reporting 427GB used.

I'm wondering if theres a chance that my NAS somehow fell victim to some strange hide-a-folder or two and my copy jobs didn't see em at all.  everything else is working great.  i also upgraded from 1.06 to 1.10 AFTER the copy jobs hoping it would correct the status but it did not.

If there is just a peculiar amount of overhead or other system explanation, thats fine, although kind of sucks.