• April 26, 2024, 07:44:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: dap 1522 for dir 825?  (Read 11740 times)

dark rider

• Level 1 Member
Re: dap 1522 for dir 825?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 02:11:55 PM »

Steve, have you tried setting the devices on your DAP-1522 to a static IP address within the DCHP's range for the DIR-825 and then creating a manual reservation under each separate MAC address?

dark rider

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 06:35:48 AM »

Actually, after giving it some more thought, I think I know what may be causing your problem.  Do you have "clone MAC address" enabled at both the router and the bridge?  It only needs to be enabled at the router, so turn it off at the bridge.  You would use it in AP mode, but it's likely causing the conflict in bridge mode, since your router can handle the function when interfacing the WAN, when you ISP requires it. Once you disable it on the bridge, and do a reboot of both the router and bridge, you should see all of the individual IPs show up with the correct MAC address in the status screen of your 825.

RESteve

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 03:08:30 PM »

No, the problem is that clone or not clone my Netgear DG834PN router sees all devices connected to it (in bridge mode) with a same MAC address. With the clone function I can only decide which MAC address clone. If you are not active clone, all connected devices assume the MAC address of the bridge. I tried and tried with my router but have never managed to see the correct MAC addresses of devices connected to the bridge. But it is enough for my router at least distinguish the netbios name of the bridge rather than give it to me as "UNKNOWN".

RESteve

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 12:42:52 AM »

>:( UPDATE!!!

I bought the DIR-825 got the same problem: as soon as I connected the Samsung BD-P2500 to bridge the network has worked for a few minutes then my notebook has reported a conflict of IP address and are no longer able to surf the internet and reach all devices (router, bridge and WD TV Live). The range of addresses assigned by DHCP is 2 to 50: I have reserved then the 2 address for my notebook and 50 for the bridge. My WD TV Live WD and BD player is fixed at 52 and 51 respectively. Everything worked with the BD player disconnected from the network: notebook, WD TV Live and mobilephone with wireless connection. I have Both of the devices connected to the bridge but do not see them from the console of my DIR-825. I tried to connect the BD player with cable (10 meters) and everything works: the problem occurs when I connect the player to the bridge.

:'(
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:44:27 AM by RESteve »
Pages: 1 [2]