• March 28, 2024, 03:04:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 517078 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-942L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #225 on: December 16, 2013, 05:23:21 AM »

Hi.

Isn't there a way to make so after hitting the "Reload current page" button in Firefox we get back to the page we were at (in my case the Image Setup one, but it goes for all the other ones except for the Setup Wizard page), instead of being redirected to the Setup Wizard page (which we need only once in the beginning of the installation of the camera)?

Thanks.

No. The entire setup wizard is preloaded when launched and is driven from JavaScript that collects the required information for each page of the wizard. The pages displayed in the Wizard are actually driven through the preloaded JavaScript, so reloading the page will reset all the fields.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2013, 05:27:56 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Ability to view snapshot and video thumbnails
  • General - Add additional DDNS provider (e.g. no-ip.org)
  • General - Display wireless signal strength on camera web UI status page
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - NCS Plugin for Linux Firefox
  • General - Option to change the ports used by the camera
  • General - Option to increase the frame size for the LIVE VIDEO feed in the web UI
  • General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to select vdeo profile number used on mydlink
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Option to upload files to dropbox
  • General - Reboot on a schedule
  • General - Add SMB server to access files on the SD card
  • Audio - Fix intermittent faint clicking/static
  • Audio - Set default audio to OFF for mydlink, mobile devices, and D-ViewCam
  • Audio - Fix feedback loop during thee first 5 seconds of startup
  • Bug - Fix "Start Hour is not valid" error when disabling speaker function (see original post here)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Connectivity - Automatic cut-over to secondary wireless radio if first source fails
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Email Notification -  Option to customize the subject field of the snapshot emails
  • FTP - Add an FTP test button (similar to the DCS-932L)[/color]
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • FTP - Support for spaces or %20 in the file path for the Video Clip and Snapshot Setup page
  • FTP - Support for a file path with more than 30 characters
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)
  • IP Filtering - Add option to restrict access to the web UI SETUP section to a specific Administrator IP address (See Screenshot here)
  • Logs - Option to email logs on daily basis
  • Logs - Rather than using the generic message, "An anonymous user is streaming video", insert the mydlink user-id if streaming from mydlink.com, iOS, or Android
  • Mobile - Default to SETUP page rather than LIVE VIDEO page when accessing the UI from a mobile device (i.e. Android devices cannot view the live feed on the LIVE VIDEO page)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Motion Detection - Option for motion detection event SMS alerts
  • Night Mode - Scheduled start and end times for entering/exiting night mode
  • Recording Video - Increased recording time beyond the current 6-minute maximum
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Option to change the filename date format
  • Recording Video - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Security - Option not to send Admin password to mydlink.com
  • Security - Support for passwords containing special characters
  • Security - Support for secure broadcasting of video/audio feed (SSL, HTTPS)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Ability to access the on-board SD card via a folder
  • Storage - Set the default "Files per Page on the "SD Management" page to 100 (rather than 5)

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes - Fixed through improved logic [FIXED!]
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

marginal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »

No. The entire setup wizard is preloaded when launched and is driven from JavaScript that collects the required information for each page of the wizard. The pages displayed in the Wizard are actually driven through the preloaded JavaScript, so reloading the page will reset all the fields.

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

What I need is, after I reload a page (no matter which one), that I get back to it, and not the Setup Wizard one (which I have not called for).
You are saying: "reloading the page will reset all the fields.", but if we were talking about the same reloading of a page, how come my PIR Sensitivity under Motion Detection on the Setup page is "High" (the setting I modified) and not "Medium" as it is by default?
Are we addressing the same concern here?

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2013, 11:08:10 AM »

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

What I need is, after I reload a page (no matter which one), that I get back to it, and not the Setup Wizard one (which I have not called for).
You are saying: "reloading the page will reset all the fields.", but if we were talking about the same reloading of a page, how come my PIR Sensitivity under Motion Detection on the Setup page is "High" (the setting I modified) and not "Medium" as it is by default?
Are we addressing the same concern here?

Thanks.

I was referring specifically to the setup wizard page in the DCS-942L web UI.  If you look at the page source after selecting the setup wizard link, you'll find JavaScript for all pages in the Wizard, i.e. clicking "next" doesn't load a new page from the web UI, but is simply iterating through preloaded code.  So hitting refresh will cause all values in the setup wizard to reset to null values.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 11:11:49 AM by JavaLawyer »

marginal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2013, 04:07:18 PM »

I was referring specifically to the setup wizard page in the DCS-942L web UI.  If you look at the page source after selecting the setup wizard link, you'll find JavaScript for all pages in the Wizard, i.e. clicking "next" doesn't load a new page from the web UI, but is simply iterating through preloaded code.  So hitting refresh will cause all values in the setup wizard to reset to null values.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I was saying, that after I reload another page but the Setup Wizard one, I am ALWAYS redirected to it (the Setup Wizard page), which makes no sense to me.
Meaning, if I am on the Audio and Video page for instance, after I hit the Reload current page button on my browser, I am expecting the page to reload and come back to the Audio and Video page.
Which unfortunately does not happen, as I am always redirected to the Setup Wizard page.

Regards.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2013, 04:47:12 AM »

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I was saying, that after I reload another page but the Setup Wizard one, I am ALWAYS redirected to it (the Setup Wizard page), which makes no sense to me.
Meaning, if I am on the Audio and Video page for instance, after I hit the Reload current page button on my browser, I am expecting the page to reload and come back to the Audio and Video page.
Which unfortunately does not happen, as I am always redirected to the Setup Wizard page.

Regards.

Odd. I have several different cameras (DCS-932L, DCS-931L, and DCS-5020L) and don't have that issue. Can any other DCS-942L owners validate/replicate this behavior?

When you are in the "Video page" that you are referring to, what is the URL in your browser? After you hit refresh, what is the URL in your browser?

marginal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2013, 08:37:57 AM »

When you are in the "Video page" that you are referring to, what is the URL in your browser? After you hit refresh, what is the URL in your browser?

Hi JavaLawyer, here's the video record of the thing: http://youtu.be/CABXcMqj2pQ

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2013, 04:31:05 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer, here's the video record of the thing: http://youtu.be/CABXcMqj2pQ

Thanks.

Thanks, I now understand what you were describing earlier.  It looks like the web UI behaves identically to the setup Wizard section in that the settings pages and all fields are pre-fetched in a single load, as is evidenced by the URL not changing for any of the links you clicked on in that video.  I suspect that if you look at the page source, all of the settings fields in the links you clicked on are pre-loaded into memory, so refreshing the page will purge everything.  The web UI for the DCS-930L and other related cameras does not operate this way, but rather, each page is independently loaded.  Odd...  :-\  ???

I'll add this to the FW wishlist, but practically speaking this seems like a major FW re-write if it's ever to be addressed. It seems that newer Cloud Cameras do not use this approach, so it's very possible the DCS-942L is unique in this way.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:55:00 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2013, 04:58:32 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Ability to accept user specified file/folder naming convention for image FTP, including the ability to overwrite images with the same file name)
  • General - Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)
  • General - Option to increase the frame size for the LIVE VIDEO feed in the web UI
  • General - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card
  • General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Web UI pre-fetches the fields/content from multiple UI settings pages, causing the deletion of all inputed data if the page is refreshed before saving - Each web UI settings page should independently load/save as a separate URL
  • Bug - Fix "Start Hour is not valid" error when disabling speaker function (see original post here)
  • Color - Image/video color settings are off (i.e. greenish tint). Either adjust the fixed color settings or provide a user interface to modify color and hue
  • Connectivity - Automatic cut-over to secondary wireless radio if first source fails
  • Email Notification - Ability to send email notifications to multiple email addresses
  • Email Notification - Emailing images when Trigger is set to "Motion" does not work properly (Conversely, when Trigger set to "Always", emailing images works as expected)
  • Email Notification -  Option to customize the subject field of the snapshot emails
  • FTP - Option to automatically upload video files of the same duration as the recorded event (e.g. same as SD recording)
  • FTP - Reduce minimum "Send next FTP after" value to or or one second rather than 10 seconds
  • FTP - Support for spaces or %20 in the file path for the Video Clip and Snapshot Setup page
  • Image - Ability to rotate image 90 and 270 degrees in addition to flip and mirror
  • Image - Ability to save "Image Setup" settings (i.e. anti flicker, flip image, mirror)
  • IP Filtering - Add option to restrict access to the web UI SETUP section to a specific Administrator IP address (See Screenshot here)
  • Logs - Rather than using the generic message, "An anonymous user is streaming video", insert the mydlink user-id if streaming from mydlink.com, iOS, or Android
  • Mobile - Default to SETUP page rather than LIVE VIDEO page when accessing the UI from a mobile device (i.e. Android devices cannot view the live feed on the LIVE VIDEO page)
  • Motion Detection - Ability to set multiple motion zones, each with uniquely configurable sensitivities
  • Recording Video - Increased recording time beyond the current 6-minute maximum
  • Recording Video - Increased range for record time settings (i.e. recording video longer than the current 10 second maximum and eliminating the need to wait 30 seconds between snapshot bursts)
  • Recording Video - Option in SETUP > Video Clip > Trigger by to configure different start/end times for each day
  • Recording Video - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • Recording Video - Quick Setup option to record video on the fly (via mobile and desktop devices) without significant configuration requirements
  • Recording Video - "Setup > SD Recording >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Security - Ability to disable broadcasting of video/audio feed (i.e. to prevent potential hijacking of feed)
  • Snapshot - "Setup > Snapshot >Trigger by", add ability to configure different start/end times for each day of he week
  • Storage - Set the default "Files per Page on the "SD Management" page to 100 (rather than 5)

• Night Mode - Ability to adjust the light level required to trigger the transition between Day and Night Modes - Fixed through improved logic [FIXED!]
  • Recording Video - Ability to capture a snapshot at the same time video is recorded [FIXED!]
  • Night Mode - Ability to disable IR Illuminator while the camera is in Night Mode (i.e. to enable application of a third party IR Illuminator) [FIXED!]
  • Time - NTP not functioning properly (issue reported by multiple users) [FIXED!]
  • Motion Detection - Motion detection indicator integrated in the web interface to more easily (and accurately) adjust sensitivity [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to automatically send multiple snapshots in the same email (rather than separate emails for each snapshot) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Add an email test button (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]
  • General - The web interface support page links to the Manderine language D-Link Taiwan site (http://www.dlinktw.com.tw/support/ [FIXED!]
  • General - Ability to disable all LED lights, including the rear of the DCS-942L [FIXED!]
  • Zoom - Change default zoom to center of image (rather than upper left corner) [FIXED!]
  • Email Notification - Ability to send 6 snapshots in one email (similar to the DCS-932L) [FIXED!]

marginal

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2014, 09:27:18 AM »

JavaLawyer, how about adding a feature to prevent the erasing of the pics and vids and formatting the Micro SD Card in order to prevent fraud and limiting the effects of hacking the camera?

The only way to erase the files and format the Micro SD Card will be after a reboot of the camera.
If one has it connected to a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply), no one would be able to erase the files (not even the CIA ;-) ) by rebooting it.

Otherwise, once the camera is hacked, files may disappear ...
The "only once after reboot" safety feature could be applied to other safety issues, like changing the admin IP Address for instance (the only one the camera may be controlled from).

Thanks.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »

JavaLawyer, how about adding a feature to prevent the erasing of the pics and vids and formatting the Micro SD Card in order to prevent fraud and limiting the effects of hacking the camera?

The only way to erase the files and format the Micro SD Card will be after a reboot of the camera.
If one has it connected to a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply), no one would be able to erase the files (not even the CIA ;-) ) by rebooting it.

Otherwise, once the camera is hacked, files may disappear ...
The "only once after reboot" safety feature could be applied to other safety issues, like changing the admin IP Address for instance (the only one the camera may be controlled from).

Thanks.

Added to firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2014, 10:44:10 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • General - Web UI pre-fetches the fields/content from multiple UI settings pages, causing the deletion of all inputed data if the page is refreshed before saving - Each web UI settings page should independently load/save as a separate URL
  • Email Notification -  Option to customize the subject field of the snapshot emails
  • SD Card - Option to lock/unlock deletion of existing files
  • SD Card - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • SD Card - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:30:26 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2014, 05:20:56 AM »

Hi JavaLawyer.

My LIVE VIDEO under Setup\Image Setup is not live very often.
Every now and then, it freezes to a certain time and does not want to be live anymore.
Even after a reload of the current page, or a closing of the current tab and reopening a new one.
Restarting FF helps though.

Thanks.

This post was moved to a new topic: DCS-942L - Issue with LIVE View

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2014, 09:11:10 AM »

This wishlist contains firmware suggestions provided by the forum community and may not reflect actual changes to current or future D-Link firmware releases. Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue. Items fixed in the latest firmware update are striked out.

DCS-942L Wishlist

• General - Option to set a user defined frequency for  scheduled snapshots (rather than the default of one snapshot per 10 minutes)
  • Email Notification -  Option to customize the subject field of the snapshot emails
  • Recording Video - Option to change the file name date format
  • SD Card - Option to lock/unlock deletion of existing files
  • SD Card - Option to easily copy all content on the SD card to another storage location without removing the SD card from the camera (e.g. "Save All" function)
  • SD Card - Option to remotely access files stored on the SD card

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #239 on: January 22, 2014, 01:20:29 PM »

D-Link released firmware version 1.23, located here: DCS-942_FW_v1.23

Please post your comments and observations for this latest release as a reply in the following thread:
DCS-942L - Firmware v1.23 Comments & Observations
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19