• April 17, 2024, 09:04:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?  (Read 237439 times)

kaviratna

• Level 1 Member
Re: New firmware (1.10) release date for the DNS-323?
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:37 PM »

Hi Guys,

I have installed new Beta firmware. Here are my quick observations:

1. Fan is not working at all
2. My LG TV detects the dlna server and plays most of the video, Audio, Photo formats ( This is great news for people looking for DLNA option)

3. Loaded two Beta applications (Bit Torrent & Firefly) from the site. Now both of them gone from my addons list. So don't install Beta Addons

I will keep updating here as I observe more things

Fan is working. New Beta Addons are working. You need to shutdown and restart the NAS. Firefly working with latest Itunes. WD TV Live Pllus is recognising NAS as media server and also Network Share and it is playing all the files in both way.

HSishi

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »

Hello,

the Beta FW works fine for me, also do the both AddOn Beta packages. iTunes (was updated today too) recognizes the Firefly's server and works fine with the library.

A previously installed FunPlug accepted the 1.10 Beta as well. So for now, all fine.

//HSishi

joetheblow

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »

Can confirm that my fan stopped.
A hard power-down and restart kicked it off again, for about 5 mins, now its off and the temp is climbing, 45c so far, its usually 36c tops.

Am using FFP 0.5, and hardware C1, UK model. Booting into linux to see if the fan control scripts that come with FFP have any effect.
Edit:  nope
root@NAS:/mnt/HD_a2/ffp/bin# dns323-fan v
program_speed=2546
actual_speed=2546
status=193

Says the fan is running, i can visually see that it most certainly is not. Gah, took me an AGE setting up FFP and various other tools, don't want to factory reset.
Can you roll firmware back?  Knew i should have waited for more feedback.

Edit3:
Have disabled add-ons, restarted. Fan comes on, then goes very loud, then shuts off.

Edit 4:
Reset to factory defaults.  Reboots.  Fan comes on, goes a little loud, goes quiet, stays on.......goes very loud, shuts off.
Bugger.
I hope that they've just shifted the high-temp up. I'm fine with the system temp being 44c, my desktop has been hotter for years. But i'm not leaving it on overnight to find out.

FFP's SSL session is still there, but now says "access denied".   :'( >:(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 03:02:00 PM by joetheblow »

joetheblow

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »

OK, changing fan control in Power Management to "Low/High" or always on kicks it back in.
Pretty sure it used to be on Off/Auto yet the fan stayed on low to keep it at 36c.

Didn't mind the noise as its in a back room, would be nice to know what temp it'll kick in at.

orinoko

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2011, 01:37:15 AM »

Try a factory reset after a firmware upgrade. This may resolve your issues.

Yes I think I may have to do this although having it only a week or less makes me wonder, was it working properly out of the box or is it some kind of config setting order that causes the problem?! I am presuming a factory reset doesnt make you re-create your RAID config, its just a config reset?

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2011, 01:44:00 AM »

I am presuming a factory reset doesnt make you re-create your RAID config, its just a config reset?

Yes. Best to re-configure manually rather than import a potentially old configuration file
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member

eilz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2011, 03:10:33 AM »

OK, changing fan control in Power Management to "Low/High" or always on kicks it back in.
Pretty sure it used to be on Off/Auto yet the fan stayed on low to keep it at 36c.

Didn't mind the noise as its in a back room, would be nice to know what temp it'll kick in at.

Thanks for testing/updating all C1 users out there..a few quick questions please:

Q1. Are you saying FFP control on the fan worked with older firmware (which one?) on C1 models, did this version ever power down the Fan with the disk, or just stayed on-slow at 36c?

Q2. Does this mean the new Beta1.10 - no longer runs fan-slow at 36c, (i.e. switches of totally when set to auto/off), and FFP no longer controls Fan temps?

blackbox

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2011, 03:19:20 AM »

Sending test Email notification doesn't work. (anonymous SMTP, port 25)
Don't know whether the email function itself works or not???

Edit- I entered the wrong DNS server settings. Entering the correct DNS sever IP addresses fixed the problem.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:57:07 PM by blackbox »

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2011, 03:28:59 AM »

Email notification doesn't work.

Did you factory reset and reconfigure?

blackbox

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2011, 03:36:28 AM »

Yes, my procedure was.
1.08 firmware, factory reset.
Flash 1.10.
Factory reset.
Configure 1.10.

Hardware revision B1.

1. Sending test EMail notification doesn't work. (anonymous, SMTP port 25) Edit wrong DNS server settings Doh!
2. Custom ntp server address (ntp.adelaide.edu.au) gives error message when "save settings" is clicked.Edit wrong DNS server settings
3. 45C and no fan. Edit looks like the fan kicks in at 46C.

I do not have any bugs!

Running (2) x WD20EARS-00MVWB0 (4k drives) in RAID 1, newly installed and formatted using 1.10.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 04:55:41 PM by blackbox »

leech1980

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2011, 09:10:31 AM »

Hi Guys,

I have installed new Beta firmware. Here are my quick observations:

1. Fan is not working at all
2. My LG TV detects the dlna server and plays most of the video, Audio, Photo formats ( This is great news for people looking for DLNA option)

3. Loaded two Beta applications (Bit Torrent & Firefly) from the site. Now both of them gone from my addons list. So don't install Beta Addons

I will keep updating here as I observe more things

Installed the beta firmware as well.  My LG TV (LE5400) detects the dlna server but can't play xvid/divx files (error is something like unsupported file).  Same files play fine when using minidlna from my dns-323.

Silver82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #102 on: March 04, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »

With the new beta firmware, it sometimes shows up as being available for my PS3, but then gives an error when I try to connect to it, then can no longer be found.

As well, WMP11 initially saw the NAS after I had configured the media server, but now will not detect it either. It seems there's something fishy and buggy with the device and the media server.

strevellick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2011, 05:04:14 AM »

Yes, my procedure was.
1.08 firmware, factory reset.
Flash 1.10.
Factory reset.
Configure 1.10.

Hardware revision B1.

1. Sending test EMail notification doesn't work. (anonymous, SMTP port 25) Edit wrong DNS server settings Doh!
2. Custom ntp server address (ntp.adelaide.edu.au) gives error message when "save settings" is clicked.Edit wrong DNS server settings
3. 45C and no fan. Edit looks like the fan kicks in at 46C.

I do not have any bugs!

Running (2) x WD20EARS-00MVWB0 (4k drives) in RAID 1, newly installed and formatted using 1.10.

I have the exact setup you have my friend.  A question, I received my box with 1.08fw.  I upgraded to 1.09, then to 1.10.  Once upgrading to 1.10, I simply reformatted my current WD20EARS's again as RAID-1 (to 4K format I hope) but did not do a factory reset.  Do I need to or should I have done that first?

MyDNS323

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2011, 06:24:43 AM »

I installed 1.10 without any problems.

A few things I've noticed (still haven't fully dug into it yet, though).

I've got a C1 rev, with a single 1TB WD Green drive.

- Fans come on around the 44 - 45 mark, which is fine with me.
- Light dimming still doesn't work, but I don't recall if there was a fix for that
- I have a lot of trouble connecting to the 323 from my machine (win 7, 64-bit). It doesn't appear on the network half the time. I don't believe this is a 1.10 bug, because I had a similar issue with 1.08. Would be nice if you could fix this, otherwise this thing is totally useless.
- Torrents seem to work better than in the past, but I've only done one so far. I'll try others to see if I can duplicate the bug I had where the torrent wouldn't download.

I would be interested to know what else we can expect in the final build. My 323 has been off for months because it barely works (because I can't connect, as described above). I'm pretty close to selling it and getting a Synology (at twice the price).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16