• April 25, 2024, 07:24:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Sound detection activating recording even though switched off  (Read 2128 times)

Leebo

• Level 1 Member
Sound detection activating recording even though switched off
« on: October 07, 2013, 01:15:48 AM »

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has experienced the movement recording being triggered via sound detection, even though this feature has not been activated in the camera's web interface.

I am finding numerous recordings being triggered by the sound of approaching cars ... these are not in the sight line of the camera, but the sound of them in the audio of each video clip is at the beginning of each triggered recording.

I've tried lowering the microphone input to 10 (don't want to turn it off completely) and also as an experiment I raised the sound detection threshold to 90 in the sound detection section, then saved that setting and deselected sound detection.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or how to work around this, without completely shutting off the camera's microphone?

Cheers :)