• March 28, 2024, 08:58:31 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2330L URL commands - retrieving desired snapshot resolution  (Read 5590 times)

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
2330L URL commands - retrieving desired snapshot resolution
« on: January 02, 2015, 10:52:44 AM »

The DCS-2330L has departed from the URL syntax of similar D-Link cameras I own and use.

For example, on the DCS-2132L,

http://192.168.xxx.xxx/image/jpeg.cgi?profileid=x

(where x = video profile number 1, 2 or 3)

correctly retrieves an image as configured by the profile ID, and there are variants to cgi calls on the 942L that respect resolution parameters.

But not on the DCS-2330L, which always ignores a profileid parameter and instead -always- returns a jpeg sized as 640x360. What is happening is that the jpeg cgi call on the 2330L is ignoring any characters supplied after the question mark. I have tried different URL variants that are out there for different cameras, but 640x360 resolution is always the result. I need to manually retrieve photos of resolutions other than 640x360.

Has anyone found a 2330L URL/cgi call that respects profileid, or that can otherwise retrieve photos of different resolutions?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 10:58:03 AM by RiverWay »

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: 2330L URL commands - retrieving desired snapshot resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:28:30 AM »

Nope. The new 5222l hw rev b also had this issue.
There's another command http jpeg, but it also is in the same low resolution.

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »

Thanks for the response. It's not clear what the story is with D-Link - a little consistency across firmware plus some documentation would go a long way toward saving many hours of messing around. Why they dropped pofileIDs from 2330L cgi calls is beyond me.

I loaded I-Spy to see what it would come up with for the 2330L. It does a brute force "assault" with thousands of possible URL command line combinations fired at the camera, and provides results, as part of camera configuration. Though I-Spy seems to be missing a number of possible command combinations that work on some D-Link cameras, none-the-less it tries a lot of them. Nada for the 2330L and URL strings that would return other resolutions for jpegs.

But I did get ftp to work on the 2330L, and ftp does indeed write snapshots using profiles. So writing ftp snapshots to a holding directory every minute, grabbing the most recent snapshot for the desired task as needed, and cleaning up the directory now and then will work. Fortunately I have coded for this for other D-Link cameras, BUT: it sure would be easier to have a simple URL string that works.

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 09:24:06 AM »

There are four resolutions available on the 2330L (800x448, 640x360, 480x272 and 320x176). I attempted to use scheduled events and ftp to grab snapshots of resolutions other than 640x360. When configuring a profile resolution, and then using the profile for an event that outputs a snapshot, the first two resolutions work fine. For the second two resolutions, instead of maintaining the full image view, events output smaller pixel dimensions of the full image view, with the upper left corner of lower resolution images anchored in the top left of the full image view. In other words, profiles at low resolutions incorrectly reduce the view area rather then reduce pixel dimensions of the full camera view. At the moment it seems likely that because of this fault, D-Link engineers abandoned the cgi profile calls for resolutions other than the current cgi default of 640x360. That is unfortunate.

Interestingly, the two lower resolutions work fine for video in the camera's  browser video viewer.

RiverWay

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »

This issue for cgi calls by profileid have been resolved for the 2330L in Firmware Version 1.02.05 (download from the Canadian site).