• March 28, 2024, 03:15:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: I.m stuck and no easy way out  (Read 6366 times)

chelli

• Level 1 Member
I.m stuck and no easy way out
« on: January 26, 2009, 05:01:35 PM »

selected archive files under media and programs menu and can find no way back if I choose Menu or setup hve to start activetv all over again hitting the arrow keys or any other nothing happens So how can I get rid of the screen without having to restart Activetv all over again definitely can use a help or instruction manual to understand most of it anyway
 Botton line Active tv sucks 1 you cant navigate 2 if you try to break out of a situation loke geting a save boc on screen you're stuck even if you try a restart brings you to the same screen 3 Where the hell is the oeners to help out in siyuations that you get stuck in
rating way below bad iy's the worst nightmare  I ever experienced yet
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:31:19 PM by chelli »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: I.m stuck and no easy way out
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 09:43:42 AM »

The back button above the arrows does not navigate you back to the previous screen?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

chelli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 01:59:18 AM »

Beleive I already stated no button will bring you back to the previous screen and there are other items that the same thing happens That's a flaw that future versions to need to correct as well as supplying a users manual that covers everything

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:30:21 AM »

I am very sorry but there is no manual for ActiveTV.

Is your DSM-520 or PC with ActiveTV installed to it connected wirelessly to your network?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

chelli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »

yes the 520 and the Pc are connected via an Ethernet cable so no problem there MEC has a back arrow but there is no such way of escape when using the 520 that neesa to be fixed in the next version and they ought to includde a detailed users manual AS is it isn't very impressive especialy without a way out other than a restart tried subscribing to one service and brought up a save dialog box up on the 530 and can't get rid of it even with a restart of ActiveTv goes back to the same screen has no escape or Abort function either so there are 3 things that needd to be dealt with maybe even more  as I check it out more thouroghly

fccgrant

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:50:50 AM »

Active TV program is a separate program created by Mediamall (themediamall.com).  D-Link does not support it so they won't be able to help on the software side.

When you hit the Menu key or Setup you are basically disconnecting from Active TV.  Not much you can do about that...that's just how it works. 

There is a manual of sorts in the Mediamall folder under program files.

To get back to the main menu of Active TV the Home key will work.  When you are in Active TV the arrow keys will move the menu up/down/left/right.  If it seems sluggish when Dlink TV programming starts then press the play/pause button.

chelli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

the home key won't respond either as I stated already none of the keys on the dsm 520 will bring me back to the previous menu at all nor abort that save dialoge box that shouldn't be  accessed via the 520 as has nowhere to store it