• April 23, 2024, 01:45:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to configure snapshot to Yahoo e-mail?  (Read 4598 times)

mrspaladin4rent

• Level 1 Member
How to configure snapshot to Yahoo e-mail?
« on: July 02, 2014, 06:25:14 AM »

I have tried everything. I want to send from my yahoo to the same yahoo email. I've tried everything.
recipient email: myemail@yahoo.com
smtp.yahoo.com
port 465
username: myemail@yahoo.com
password: my e-mail's password
sender's e-mail address: myemail@yahoo.com
SSL-TLS

froad

• Level 2 Member
Re: How to configure snapshot to Yahoo e-mail?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »

I use mine to send daily snapshot to my GMAIL account and it works perfectly.  Had the same issue with the latest firmware form Dlink - so dis a 100% re-set and installed the "older version of firmware (1.22) problem went away.  This was happening on all 4 of my camera's - many other issues as well with the the version 1.23_3404 of firmware - it was "overloading" my router to the point every few days that all remote functions with the camera would not work.  Just my experiences - I have had much better success with Firmware Version: 1.22-2825 - missing one or 2 minor things - but very stable.

belvedere

Re: How to configure snapshot to Yahoo e-mail?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:25:54 PM »

I also use a Yahoo account and had trouble using Yahoo's SMTP reliably.  I never did get it to work consistently.  What did work for me was my ISP's (Warner Cable) SMTP server, port 25, no SSL-TLS, and no username/password.  The access is authenticated by my IP address which keeps it simple.  This works very reliably and is much faster because the server is closer to me.