The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-827

2 questions about dir 827 set up as AP

<< < (2/2)

FurryNutz:
Understand.

If you do try this, just make sure that the radio channels differ between the ISP Modem and the 827, put the ISP modem on chl 1 and the 827 on 11 if no body else is using them Be sure to keep a good distance between the ISP modem and 827.

You might look into upgrading the ISP modem to a stand alone modem if your ISP has any alternatives.

beano_face:
I decided to buy a dlink adsl2+ modem... model # dsl-520b... now I can get rid of my isp modem/router... and use all of the features on my dir827.

so far its working perfect... set the dsl-520b to bridge mode and disabled dhcp... no issues so far...

just to save other some people some time... if you want to run the dsl-520b in bridge mode you also have to manually disable dhcp... in the bridging instructions that i could find it doesnt say anything about this. i just assumed if you set the modem to bridge mode, it would disable dhcp... but it doesnt. if you dont disable dhcp in the modem, your router wont connect to the internet(unless you set up a static ip and enter ips/gateways and dns servers manually)... it just picks up an ip/gateway from the modem...

FurryNutz:
Glad you got it working and the 827 is your main host router.

Enjoy.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version