• March 28, 2024, 05:29:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: setting up NAS recording  (Read 4773 times)

ramon

• Level 1 Member
setting up NAS recording
« on: June 08, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »

Hi has anyone tried setting up NAS recording on the this Cam? I have a NAS4FREE box setup which I use to share files and I am trying to get the camera to write video files to it with no luck. The test at the settings page always fails. I put in the same credentials and folder routes as I did with my other PCs but the test never passes. Do I have to fill out the WINS section too, I ask because I did not see any mention of it in the Dlink help section.

Thanks

ramon

• Level 1 Member
Re: setting up NAS recording
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 09:47:10 PM »

Well its been a while sense my last post and no one seems to know the solution to this problem. I have played around with both NAS and FTP recording and none of them work. I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to use either option with dlink cameras. I suggest you not bother with those options since I have tried many other forums and their seems to be no solution to this. I did purchase a dlink NVR and that obviously works, but that is to be expected. Still very disappointed for having to purchase extra hardware for recording videos but guess that's how Dlink likes to make its money. 

cmontyburns

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:30:06 PM »

NAS recording works, as does creating a local recording and FTP'ing it to a remote server. 

Why don't you share details of your settings and what you have attempted, so we can see what might be wrong.

ceglia

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 01:12:26 AM »

yup, NAS recording works for me too.  Leave WINS blank and use the IP address of the NAS (not the name of the device) as the path.
DLINK DCS-942L & DCS-2330L, Asus RT-N66U router