• April 18, 2024, 09:52:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DCS-5222L dead after the latest firmware update  (Read 12248 times)

panikos78

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-5222L dead after the latest firmware update
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 10:44:49 PM »

This was my initial reaction however the Dlink service in Greece said it's is Dlink company policy not to support any of the products that are out of warranty. If was surprised that this was the policy so i complained also to the sales dept and said i would never buy any other Dlink products because it can't be that due to of a firmware update that went wrong i have to through away my camera and said that sorry this is the worldwide policy. If this is not true i am happy to send the camera somewhere outside of Greece for repair and will cover the cost of same. I just want to get this camera to work again.

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

The reset button doesn't work, even if i keep it pressed for a minute or so the camera won't reset. When i switch the camera on it will make the usual turn of the robotic head then there is a solid red light. If i switch off the camera and switch it back on again while the reset button is pressed, there is a flashing red light. When i release the reset button the red light goes off and a solid green network light switches on. In either scenarios the router doesn't recognise the camera even though i have connected it directly the router with more than one cables. I have also tried 2 different routes, an old linksys one and a new belkin one.

shadango

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 04:29:53 AM »

Try this:
Emergency Recovery Mode

Be sure to use wired LAN cables any time for FW upgrades unless you are fully confident in your wireless signal is good to the camera.

" unless you are fully confident in your wireless signal is good to the camera"

And even then, you are better off going hardwired.

I brought my camera home (just about 6-8 weeks ago) and the first thing it prompted me to do was to upgrade the firmware.....thinking nothing of it, I clicked OK and it proceeded to brick my camera.

Did I mention that the camera was sitting literally within 3 feet of the wireless router?

And none of the emergency restoring help I found online would restore it.  I just returned it to the store and got another, this time not doing the upgrade yet until I could decide if it was worth keeping or not.

At the point I get "you need to upgrade the FW" messages every time I logon to it whether on my home PC or android....and that is scary because if you inadvertantly hit the wrong button, brick city again.  How many times have we all hit the wrong tiny button on our cell phone apps? They should disable the FW upgrade via the android app! Or at least make it more resistant to inadvertent upgrading via wireless.

I am currently waiting for a second power supply from DLink so I can pull the camera down from its mount and take it to my router and wire directly.  Ridiculous to have to do this.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:31:58 AM by shadango »

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 06:55:23 AM »

Give this a try:
Emergency Recovery Mode

The reset button doesn't work, even if i keep it pressed for a minute or so the camera won't reset. When i switch the camera on it will make the usual turn of the robotic head then there is a solid red light. If i switch off the camera and switch it back on again while the reset button is pressed, there is a flashing red light. When i release the reset button the red light goes off and a solid green network light switches on. In either scenarios the router doesn't recognise the camera even though i have connected it directly the router with more than one cables. I have also tried 2 different routes, an old linksys one and a new belkin one.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.
Pages: 1 [2]