• April 25, 2024, 08:33:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DSC-2102 SD card not working?  (Read 5367 times)

redzep

• Level 1 Member
DSC-2102 SD card not working?
« on: November 22, 2010, 06:00:28 PM »

Dear,

I used a SD card to store recordings for some days, but now all SD cards I have give me an "Invalid card" message on SD Card menu, or a "Invalid" status on Recording menu.

I tried both SDHC (the one that worked for some days) and SD, with capacities from 1Gb to 8Gb, and tried also pre-formatting on a PC (FAT and FAT32), to not avail.

Does any body had this problem, or do you think it is a mis-functioning?

Many thanks.

PCK

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSC-2102 SD card not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 01:12:32 AM »

Hi,

I have a DCS-2121, with the same problem.
I'm using a Kingston 16GB SDHC card.
The camera is running on firmware 1.05, and it says the card is indvalid after some hours recording.
But when I take the card and put it in a DCS-2121 running with the firmware 1.04, then I can see the files on the card and record to the SD card, but after some times the camera freeze, and need a restart.

hauge48

• Level 1 Member
Re: DSC-2102 SD card not working?
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 01:45:34 AM »

I may have a problem similar to yours. It is motion initiated and I have set pre- and post recording to 2 secs.

Recording stops after a short while. I would expect recording as long as there is movement. Sometimes a new clip is created, but that too is stopped after 1 minute recording. Is this normal behaviour?

The SD format seems standard, at least Windows explorer has no problems with it. I have tried to get some feedback on an issue related to this: The management module doesn't give much functionality for viewing the recordings, and Viewcam doesn't seem to be able to access the card. Any suggestions?

The format of the clips is .avi. Is the recording really coded in MPEG4? I would have expected .mp4 format.

BTW - I have the wireless version DCS-2121, but the SD functionality should be the same.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 01:50:56 AM by hauge48 »