• April 19, 2024, 03:26:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Dlink 942L not reset  (Read 5887 times)

blue36

• Level 1 Member
Dlink 942L not reset
« on: December 08, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »

Hello everybody! I covered myself with two wireless camcorders, the Dlink DCS 942L, taken from an acquaintance. Problem, the setup wizard doesn't see them, mydlink lite application, either. The router sees them, allocates them ip, I did port forwarding, for nothing. When accessing the rooms in the browser, you must enter your username and password. I reset the cameras, as in the manual, 10 seconds, I tried the rest 30-30-30, for nothing. In the manual it says that after reset, the user name is admin and the password remains empty. He still asks for my password. I put the cameras directly to the computer, assigned them ip, I accessed the error but the same problem, username and password. Above the Dlink logo, was attached a logo of the surveillance firm Kiwatch, a French company that sells surveillance cameras. Is it possible to rewrite firmware and have another reset method? Is there a master password for cameras? Or another reset method? Any suggestion is welcome!
Sorry for my english and best regards!

EDIT. my dlink 942L is A version firmware!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:54:39 AM by blue36 »

blue36

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dlink 942L not reset
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 11:45:48 AM »

I do not know if it is important, this camera was purchased from a French company Kiwatch. Can the firmware be changed with another username and password?