• March 29, 2024, 03:18:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Does anyone READ these threads.  (Read 4398 times)

rickstep

• Level 1 Member
Does anyone READ these threads.
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:28:32 PM »

Who is monitoring this thread - DNS-343 - What HDDs Are You Using? here:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=42479.0

I took the time on January 14, to post the successful use of an unlisted drive in a DNS-343 and IT APPEARS that NO ONE is monotoring that thread.

Who is monitoring this thread if Java Lawyer is away (he seemed to be on holidays for a while - good for him/her) and WHY IF Java Lawyer was away did he/she not go back and check on posts for that period.

I AM willing to help.  Having said that I EXPECT that the information to be added to the list, more information requested OR a response that independent proof might be required.

From where I sit, the list of working drives may be incomplete; BECAUSE it doesn't SEEM to be IMPORTANT to provide D-Link users with up-to-date information.

This post REQUIRES a D-LINK official response!

Rick

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Does anyone READ these threads.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 04:03:33 PM »

Who is monitoring this thread - DNS-343 - What HDDs Are You Using? here:

I took the time on January 14, to post the successful use of an unlisted drive in a DNS-343 and IT APPEARS that NO ONE is monotoring that thread.

Who is monitoring this thread if Java Lawyer is away (he seemed to be on holidays for a while - good for him/her) and WHY IF Java Lawyer was away did he/she not go back and check on posts for that period.

I AM willing to help.  Having said that I EXPECT that the information to be added to the list, more information requested OR a response that independent proof might be required.

From where I sit, the list of working drives may be incomplete; BECAUSE it doesn't SEEM to be IMPORTANT to provide D-Link users with up-to-date information.

This post REQUIRES a D-LINK official response!

Rick

With all due respect, I am not a D-Link employee and graciously volunteer my time moderating the DNS-343 board and neither expect nor receive anything in return. I am one of two such volunteers who play a substantial role moderating the D-Link forum as a whole. Between the two of us, we help maintain, moderate, remove spam, keep the peace, contribute fresh content, and respond to user queries for well over two dozen boards similar to this one. A simple "thank you" would suffice.

Regarding your above above referenced January 14th post on the thread "DNS-343 - What HDDs Are You Using?", the content you posted (along with the content of other contributors) is available for the DNS-343 user community to view and evaluate. To date, the thread has over 580 reads, and as such, is effectively serving its intended purpose (providing potentially valuable information to the DNS-343 community). I am not in a position (nor do I intend) to modify D-Link's official list of sanctioned HDDs.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:14:07 PM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:51:23 AM »

Although we would like to personally respond to each and every post, our resource constraints, coupled with hundreds of new posts daily, equates to too much workload for two individuals to effectively manage.

As I stated earlier, I am not permitted to modify the HDD list provided by D-Link, as that is an official corporate communication and the HDDs on that list were approved by D-Link.

If you feel the user community would benefit from providing greater visibility to the information you and other posters contributed on the aforementioned thread, I can create a secondary "user tested" list as a sticky at the head of this board.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 01:22:46 PM »

@rickstep

D-Link provides any and all updated information to us and the users in the forum. When they are ready to release any and all information, we and users are generally the first to know. It's up to D-Link and them alone on when any and all information is released. When and if the information is released, we update any and all current information listed in stickies in the forums as pertained to the information. If you feel that the updated information is not being updated to your liking then I recommend you contact D-Link directly and voice your opinions, and demands to them.

Your LONG winded posts have no meaning here in the forums and only serve to be inflammatory, are unprofessional and don't provide any "useful" data to others on this forum. If you can't be more professional and offer valued help to the users of this forum then I suggest you go elsewhere. We have no concerns or careless on what or how other forums are ran and maintained.

We are here to help each other out to gain better experiences with D-Link products. If you aren't willing to contribute to help in a valued and professional way, then I recommend that you find other alternatives in your D-Link products and find other places to voice your opinions and concerns.  Currently, you and your ideas are not welcome here in the forums

1. Lets be clear here: If you can not abide by the rules of the forum then I'll recommend that you and your account be removed and banned from this forum!
Forum Rules

This thread is now closed due to inappropriate behavior by rickstep and useless information contained there in.
Good Day.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.