The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-645

Router won't go past 600Mbit on 1gbit connection.

(1/2) > >>

Placebo:
Howdy folks, I'm hoping there's still plenty of DIR-645 owners around, I'm wondering if anyone else is on a 1Gbit internet connection with this router? I'm finding that when I run a speedtest it won't go past 600Mbit if I'm connected using the router but if I'm connected directly to the fiber modem/router from the ISP then I'm getting almost 1Gbit on speedtest.net

This is via the DIR-645 router:

This is via the ISP's fiber router:

I've tried resetting the firmware to the factory defaults but I'm not really sure what else might help so don't want to go playing around willy nilly!

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions :)

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
Internet Service Provider and Modem Configurations

* What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?
* Turn off ALL QoS or Disable Traffic Shaping (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options, Advanced/QoS
* Turn off DNS Relay under Setup/Networking.

Placebo:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on November 08, 2017, 12:25:51 PM ---Link>Welcome!

* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.

* Turn off ALL QoS or Disable Traffic Shaping (DIR only) GameFuel (DGL only and if ON.) options, Advanced/QoS
--- End quote ---

Hi, thanks for the reply :)

A1

Portugal, router was bought in Sweden originally and I brought it with us when we moved here.

Altice Labs Fiber Gateway GR241AG

I'm pretty sure none of that stuff is enabled on the 645, never heard of "GameFuel".

FurryNutz:
If the main ISP fiber ONT is being used I recommend using the 645 as a wired LAN to LAN AP and not a router:
Turning a router into an AP.

Placebo:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on November 08, 2017, 12:38:34 PM ---If the main ISP fiber ONT is being used I recommend using the 645 as a wired LAN to LAN AP and not a router:
Turning a router into an AP.

--- End quote ---

I have a home network of PC - Media player - Smart TV so I use the router for the whole home network so I can transfer video files to the movie player in a different room to watch on the TV, not sure how turning the router into an AP would benefit me, sure I would use the fiber modem and remove the Dlink router completely but that defeats the object of having bought a (supposed) gigabit router, plus the router is more configurable than the ISP's fiber modem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version