The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-645

DIR-645 DLNA server for Samsung TV (RESOLVED)

(1/7) > >>

WarriorMacK:
Hi,

I recently bought DIR-645 and I have problem setting DLNA server (external USB disk). DLNA server is visible for my Samsung TV (ue40es6800) but there are no files. I tested DLNA server with Windows Media Player and LG TV and it is OK. I also tested Mobile phone Samsung Ace with Allshare App and it also not shows any files on DLNA server.
Is this problem with AllShare or Dir-645?
Can anyone help me? I searched this forum and google without any results.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!
What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on routers web page under status.
What region are you located?
Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?

I presume there are files on the USB disk?
Is the USB drive connected to the back of the router and is recognized by the 645?
What is the drive size of the USB drive?
What is this ALLShare app? The only app that i know that is supported by the router is SharePort.

WarriorMacK:
Hardware Version : A1
Firmware Version : 1.03 (updated from 1.01 since is not working either)
Region Poland :)
Tried both wireless and wired with the same result

Files are on USB disk correctly recognized by DIR-645 (I can access FTP etc)
Size is 500GB, disk is with external power supply

AllShare™ is Samsung Electronics trademark name which includes DLNA as well as other related features. (Wiki quote)

Previously I was using DLNA server on my PC
http://www.samsung.com/global/allshare/pcsw/quickguide.html
and PS3 Media Server without any problems

Also Windows Media Player and LG TV see server and files on DIR-645 DLNA server correctly. The problem is Samsung TV is not seeing any files. This is not problem with files formt (extension), allready tested it.

FurryNutz:
I presume your version of FW is from the EU region?

How is the Samsung TV connected? Wired or wireless.

I presume that if other devices are seeing the drive on the 645 correctly and the Samsung isn't, we need to look at the TV and how its configured, connected and set up. I presume the Samsung TV is fully supporting of the connections and seeing DNLA content. Please refer to the Mfr to verify what this model TV supports and make sure the TV is updated as well if there is any FW available for it.

WarriorMacK:
FW 1.03 is for US for my region latest FW is DIR-645_fw_revA_1-01B06_all_en_20110718 (not working for this issue)

I tried both wired and wireless (currently wired). If you can tell me any options to look on DIR-645 to make it work I would be glad.

Samsung TV (ue40es6800) is fully updated. Problem is that DLNA supposed to be a standard and since I see DLNA server maybe there are some options I can try or am I f.....?

Sorry I just spent money from my rise and I not happy about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version