• March 28, 2024, 12:56:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Why after I disconnect from my wireless router connection, I can't connect again  (Read 6099 times)

Sam5

• Level 1 Member

Hi, Why after I disconnect from my wireless router and try to connect again I can't connect or When laptop goes to sleep or I shut it down, etc, the same thing happends. I have to reinstall my router & the only way I can is by first connecting my modem to my computer, then restart it. Then reinstall my router to my computer and modem. I tried to fix it by checking the box, on my wireless connection properties where it say "automaticly connect when the network in range." but that didn't fix anything. Another thing, when i try to log on 192.168.0.1, I can't. I tried resetting the router, etc and still can't long on. Is there away I can correct this problem & configure my computer with my router so this connection issue can be resolve? Your help will be greatly appreciated.
P.S. I have a laptop, modem brand is arriss, windows vista, Router wbr-2310.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:11:43 AM by Sam5 »

Sam5

• Level 1 Member

Can anyone help out?

Porto

• Level 1 Member

I have the same problem!
After closing my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A100) for the night, it cannot reconnect automatically the next morning. The laptop can see the wireless connection but it cannot connect. Repairing the connection doesn't work. The only "solution" is to reboot the router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

bjrichus

• Level 3 Member

Guys,

Are you talking about wireless connections? If so, this is why we have the long thread with all the many thousands of reads about disconnects; in this respect the 2310 is garbage... There, I FINALLY got round to saying it, after all these months of struggle NOT to say that, I finally gave in!!!

My 2c is to buy a Linksys and use the DLINK as a paperweight.

Sorry DLINK, but you guys are NOT supporting us 2310 users, so you do kinda deserve that!!!!

:'(