• April 23, 2024, 06:05:11 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Slow Up and Down Speeds Through DIR-655  (Read 1981 times)

apnaumann

• Level 1 Member
Slow Up and Down Speeds Through DIR-655
« on: November 03, 2010, 04:34:10 PM »

I have owned my DIR-655 for almost 2 years now and i have loved it, recently a move forced me to change isp's and i have been struggling with connection speeds it feels like since day 1.  I currently pay for 12 down and 1 up and usually when running a speed test through speakeasy at the nearest server i receive maybe 3 MbPS down and .09 UP! 

I had scheduled an appointment for a tech to come to my home last Wednesday to troubleshoot the connection issue.  They never showed up and when calling back they claimed that they had made some changes on their end and it should be working better. sure enough i was back up to 8-9 MbPS down and .9 UP this lasted about a week until today it was crawling back at the 2 down and .05 up.

This time i tested bypassing my router and connecting from the modem directly to the PC and then i recieve the speeds i have been paying for. switched back to router, instantly slower, made sure firmware was upgraded to newest, reset to default configuration, disabled WiFi even, still no effect on speeds.  connected back straight through to pc, and 10 down 1 up.  I found an old Linksys router and tested it connected up a couple of my PC's and my speeds are 10 down and 1 up on each computer tested from.

Apparently there is some issue with the router severely slowing down my connection.  Any thoughts?