• March 28, 2024, 06:03:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Smart Connect - Select specific channels  (Read 4965 times)

TomAume

• Level 1 Member
Smart Connect - Select specific channels
« on: October 11, 2020, 07:01:18 AM »

I just bought a D-Link 1960. It has the Smart Connect Feature where it automatically connects devices to the 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz.  However, I live in a Condo and I want to select specific 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz channels that are not being used by other strong wifi routers near me.  I have to turn off "Smart Connect" and then go to advanced settings for both bands and I set my channels (6 and 44).  Once doing this, I then would like to turn back on Smart Connect so that devices get connected to 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz.

My problem is as soon as I turn "Smart Connect" back on, then it also turns back on "Auto" for channel selection.  Is there a way I can lock down the channel being used, but still allow the router to use the "Smart Connect" feature?

PBJ

• Technical Engineer
  • Level 1 Member
Re: Smart Connect - Select specific channels
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 09:41:32 AM »

Unfortunately, the only way to lock down a desired channel is to disable "Smart Connect".  The nature of Smart Connect is that is auto-assigns the best channel for each radio.