• April 19, 2024, 03:11:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-323 not recongized by router or easy search utility  (Read 3335 times)

nfwalte

• Level 1 Member
DNS-323 not recongized by router or easy search utility
« on: July 08, 2009, 08:19:17 PM »

I just purchased a DNS-323, but I am unable to configure it since it doesn't show up in the easy search utility.  I've logged into my router to check things out there, and it also doesn't appear in the list of devices on my network.  I have Verizon FIOS, so I have an Actiontec M1424WR router.  The router is configured for DHCP with a range of 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254, and I am able to see my other devices (both wired and wireless).  ...Any ideas?  I called Tech Support, but got no help there.  The technician suggested installing the latest version of ESU, but I already have the latest version.  He also suggested trying on XP (I was using my PC which has Vista 64), but I got the same result with my laptop, which uses XP.

-N

Bad Karma

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-323 not recongized by router or easy search utility
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »

What version of the Easy Search Utility are you using?

Brigadier

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »

I've had my 323 for over a year without problems but all of a sudden I started having problems logging in after I started a BT download.  Once in, I saved the configuration, reset to factory defaults and then reapplied the config file.

Now, neither the router nor the Easy Search utility will recognize it although I can still get to the file system which remains mapped to the same drive letter as before.   I've tried the default IP address as well as the one I set originally but the addresses don't respond in the browser (link broken).

Firmware v1.06
Easy Search v4.4
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:53:53 PM by Brigadier »

Brigadier

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »

Oh well, tried the Reset Factory Defaults button on the back of the device.  Once the 323 rebooted, it was recognized by the ESU v4.4 and I configured the few settings I had changed originally, from memory; I didn't trust the config file.

Everything seems to be working now and my data is safe. :D